Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR Random Stupid Fun Poll

Can you tell my train is stuck at Procrastination Station?

What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone?

What expression are you currently overusing?

What embarrassing song do you get stuck in your head a lot?

What is your favorite funny blog?

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now?

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house?

What was your major at college? Do you wish it had been something else?

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH?

Anything else you'd like to share?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR Random Stupid Fun Poll

• edited December 2011
    Ellen, shocker.  My first name is after my grandfather and my middle name is after my great aunt.

I've been saying "SUCKO" a lot.

Justin Beiber, Baby, Baby. UGH.

Hyperbole and a Half

Our database, Internet Explorer and Firefox.  IE has two tabs open, Firefox has three tabs open.

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house?
    A nice house on a big farm.

Television and Radio, Media Management.  I minored in Art History and regret the day I chose not to do a double major. 

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH?
    Wow, they are total dorks.  What's with all the licking?

One more week until I'm no longer HBIC!!!!  Drinks on me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     not names for anyone- Ann, its okay

What expression are you currently overusing? not sure

What embarrassing song do you get stuck in your head a lot? anything Nsync, I'm still 14 when it comes to them :)

What is your favorite funny blog? dont really have one, but Ive been obsessed with damnyouautocorrect.com lately!

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now? 4- work, pandora, TK and Yahoo

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house? my house now!

What was your major at college? Do you wish it had been something else? Communications and no

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH? that we say I love you way too much lol! its kinda of crazy how many times in a day

Anything else you'd like to share? I hate Mondays, but happy its warm outside!!
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Lynn, I like it I guess.  Lynn is also my mom's middle name. 

When someone does something stupid I'll say, "Really!" in a sarcastic tone.  I think I picked it up from some of my coworkers. 

I didn't have anything stuck in my head until I read this question, now I have This is the Song That Never Ends."

Cake Wrecks     cakewrecks.blogspot.com

5: Internet Explorer, Outlook, PAM (it stays open and has all my programs in it), Word (I'm working on an agenda for my meeting), and my project folder.

House, I don't want a huge mansion to clean unless I have a maid.

Accounting.  Not really, I ended up taking a lot of finance courses anyways (I'm in the finance field now), but I would have taken more finance courses earlier. 

You guys have boring lives.

I'm glad I've become friends with a lot of you.  It makes me not hate living so far away from all of my friends and family. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynn, Dad says i'm named after a bartender... I guess he's joking.  It's ok, pretty common.  But paired with my very common first name, Amanda... i'm named after an instrument.

D-bag probably.

Super freak... I don't know why.

Not big into blogs.  Bit I did find the blog NVC spoke about, tacky wedding site, hilarious!

outlook and 2 IE with about 4 tabs each

House... my house, that's just a bundle of wood right now

Mathematics with a Statistical track, minor in econ.  Yup, I'm THAT nerdy!  No changes, it pays well.

What the crap is wrong with them?! 

I just called to meet with a photog Saturday.  I had to warn him, FI will have two black eyes from surgery.  Didn't want him to think I had to beat him up to get him to come
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Rose... my great grandmother's name

Dude or Dude-aaaaaa

? None

Hyperbole & a Half

Two... but my internet browser has 4 tabs open :)

House

BS Human Resources & BS Psychology.  I wish I would have pursued the Psych/Sociology route stronger and continued ed in that field.

We're childish lol... and we ignore a lot of phone calls until it's convenient for us.

MY COWORKER'S LAST DAY IS TOMORROW!!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOO!  PAR-TAY
  • edited December 2011

What is your middle name?  Cara
     Do you like it?  Yes

Are you named after anyone?  My first name, yes, after an actress.  My married name is her name.  Weird right.  

What expression are you currently overusing?  I'm not sure.  I'll come back to this one.

What is your favorite funny blog?  I love Awkward Family Photos.  

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now? Just the interwebs.

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house?   A shack of course!  No really I would do a great apt or a mansion/ townhouse mansion in London at the moment.

What was your major at college?  History, I love it, but not at all useful.

Do you wish it had been something else? Yeah something that would have earned cash monies.  

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH?  Um, we should turn on the heat.  

Anything else you'd like to share?  I am terrified of grates in the sidewalk.  

• Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Ann...its my grandmothers and mom's middle name so it was passed down to me

I say 'whatever' way to much. And I've been saying 'honestly!' a lot for some reason haha DH pointed that out to me

"Put the lime in a coconut and mix it all up"

whenparentstext.com

3 work sites, gmail, TK, and aol

House ....Mansion would be too much dusting and too many bathrooms to clean

Communications Media....yes, I wish it had been Music, Spanish or Education

probably that we were meant for each other because we're both complete weirdos

I had cinnamon toast crunch as part of my lunch today and I forgot how much I love it :)  yummy!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? My middle name is My. It's Vietnamese and I don't really like it.

What expression are you currently overusing? I say dude a lot, all my life I have actually

What embarrassing song do you get stuck in your head a lot? right now it's the S&M song by Rihanna or What the Hell by Avril

What is your favorite funny blog? I do'nt blog, takes too much of my time

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now? I have four windows open

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house? a nice mansion only if I had cleaning maids, if I had to clean it myself than a nice house

What was your major at college? Do you wish it had been something else? Biochemistry for undergrad and biomedical forensic sciences for grad and no I don't wish it had been different. I do wish I wasn't a chem engineer major my freshman year.

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH? I think they would say that we make a really great couple and that we truly love each other.  They would also think that we can be a little nuts and may like to have sex a little too much lol

Anything else you'd like to share?  yeah... I just told my current employer that I'm leaving on Friday and it was scary lol
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Michelle. Yes, I love it. It's the same middle name as my mom

"Really?" - FI and I use it all the time sarcastically and said multiple times in a row.

Thanks to Glee that damn catchy "Baby" by the Beibs. Lordy loo am I sick of singing that one.

well when she writes regularly, I love Amer's blog. That gurl cracks me up!

3 - Outlook, Jenzabar and Explorer

A House. Mansion would be nice, but it's too much to clean

History. Yes, I wish I had done Elementary Ed, so I could be teaching now, instead of getting my M.Ed to teach.
    That we are definitely best friends first and foremost. We fight like best friends and we make up just as quickly...only since he's also my FI, it's much more fun to "make-up"Wink

This totally helped sate my boredum at work. Well not boredum...more like procrastination....
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Frances. I hated it when I was little, but now I'm indifferent. It's my grandfather's middle name. My mom isn't even close to her dad, so I'm not really sure why she chose it.

I know I say "that's ridiculous" a lot, but it really seems like everyone is ridiculous lately!

Ahh Justin Bieber - baby, baby, baby ooooh
    For some reason, I also get Britney's "womanizer" stuck a lot.

I have a few, but the only one I really check regularly is perez.

A tonnnn. All of them but TK are work related though.

A big, old house, with lots history

Major in Psychology with a minor in Clinical Psychology. I'm doing what I set to do, so no regrets.

Omg. He loses everything. How does she put up with that?!

We're previewing our invitations tonight that FI's graphic designer brother made. I'm nervous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Marie; yes I like it and if I have a girl I would like to give her Marie as her middle name as well. No I am not named after anyone.
    "Oh what the heck!"
    I cannot think of one..
    I do not read any funny blogs, I love skinny taste, which is a food blog
    4 tabes in explorer and 1 in Microsoft Word
    House.. unless I could PAY someone to clean the mansion
    Elementary Education; NO I love my major, I just wish I could get a job doing it.
    We rarely are at home at the same time.. :(
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Lauren, I like it okay, my parents gave me my dad's initials (JLF). Fun, except you would never know how similar "Jim" and "Jen" can be over the phone and when my mom is yelling across the house.

@sshat, "it's a wonderment" and duuuuuuude

All of the above, thanks guys. Definitely the beibs, although I enjoyed when the guy on Glee did the baby oooooh song.

Dooce for regular content, Hyperbole and a Half when she actually posts

Yikes! 7 word documents, 4 open in Outlook (way less than usual),  2 PDFs, 2 different folders, one IE with 6 tabs, and a partridge in a pear tree!

Condo in Rittenhouse, I'm so ready to move!

Advertising major with a business minor. It's totally unrelated to my field, but since we need a master's degree anyway, I don't think I would have changed it. It wasn't until my senior year that I realized I did NOT want to work in Advertising, but by then it was too late.

Why are these people living with her parents?! What is wrong with them? Are they ever going to have sex?!

I'm totally dragging today and might be hitting up the vending machine soon for a sweet treat even though I totally don't need the calories!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Happy- I like Skinny Taste also
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Michelle.  I think it's after a bunch of my parnets deceased relatives who all had names that started with M.

What expression are you currently overusing?  "Duude".

What embarrassing song do you get stuck in your head a lot? Ke$ha's "Don't Stop". Thanks Glee.

What is your favorite funny blog? Hyperbole and a Half

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now? 4, much less than usual- I just closed out the excess ones

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house? Brownstone in Rittenhouse.

What was your major at college? Do you wish it had been something else? Psychology.  I wish I had double majored in business or something.

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH? Wow, you two really like to talk to your cats.

Anything else you'd like to share? My back hurts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Elizabeth after my Gmom. It's fine but it's common. I'm giving it the boot once I get married and replacing it with my maiden name.

"That's absurd."

Also Justin Beiber - but the "I just want somebody to looooove" song.

Perez, The Onion.

Too many.

A small cottage/house. I grew up in a row home so big houses freak me out. Right now FI and I live in an big old house and I hate being by myself there haha.

Advertising - Copywriting. I enjoy it but now I'm working in a law firm doing Docketing. Not what I was expecting but I like it. I wouldn't have gotten the job without a degree so I have no regrets.

Probably "Whats with all of the running and squealing?" FI and I chase each other around the house like we are 5. When he's chasing me I make a really high pitched noise LOL.

75 days until I get to marry my favorite man Laughing
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone?   Frances - after my great grandmother.  Not a huge fan, but I don't use it ever on anything so it's okay.

What expression are you currently overusing?  Hmmm.. Not sure 

What embarrassing song do you get stuck in your head a lot?  Thanks Cara.. stupid Beiber song had been stuck in my head since Glee last week and now it's going to be re-stuck.

What is your favorite funny blog?  Anything people post on FB, theres none that I check regularly.

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now?  2 spreadsheets for work, outlook, 2 windows in Chrome (a travel blog and tk)

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house?   Nice house, with a lot of land.

What was your major at college? Do you wish it had been something else?   Communications & English, with a minor in Anthropology/Archeology (weird, right?  I ended up taking up so many credits in Anthro/Archeology for fun that I wound up with enough for a minor)

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH?  Stop hitting each other.

Anything else you'd like to share?  I spend more time with my animals than I do with DH at night.  And in relation to Beagles post - Ben has a rule now, I can talk to Merlin, but I can't reply back for him..  :(
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? My middle name is Lynne- It's not after anyone that I know of. My first name is, though. It's okay; it's just very common. (except for the spelling- there's not too many with an E on the end.)

What expression are you currently overusing? Really? And Dude. constantly.

None lately... Unless it's like, hanson or something.

What is your favorite funny blog? Regretsy and whenparentstext.com

How many programs/windows do you have open on your computer right now? TK, iTunes, & Word.

MASH: if you had your choice, would you live in a nice mansion, apartment, shack or house? A house on a few acres of property.

What was your major at college? Do you wish it had been something else?  I'm getting it now- (finally!) medical assistant. I'm glad it's what I'm going with; FI has a masters in his mechanical engineering stuff, so he can go wherever. This way, at least I can pick up a job at any hospital/drs office if we move to say... tennessee. KWIM?

If someone were to be a fly on the wall at your place, what would they say about you and FI/DH? That we're ridiculously lovey, goofy and we tell each I love you waaaaay too much.

I'm pretty excited- I'm sending off the letter to the lawyers office tomorrow to have my name changed back. I don't want my ex husband's name for any longer after the terrible crap I found out about him the other day.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Marie. It is common, don't mind it. Not named after anyone.

Dude has always in my vocab and I would like to ditch it.

Now baby baby baby ohhhh is stuck in my head too.

I don't read any regularly, only if I am forwarded something.

Two tabs in IE, Quick Books, Abacus, AOL which has an IM open, Outlook, Excel and Word

A house on a main street in my neighborhood. Preferably with a front porch!

Business Administration concentration in Legal Studies. Wish I would have stuck with the El Ed major I started with.

Are they really talking about that?

I am developing an ulcer over the anxiety I am having waiting for a response from the interview on Thursday. Oh and Wild Turkey is the devil.
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Marie... common yes (as previously stated! lol). But I like it :) And I am not named after anyone, my mom actually dreamt she was holding a little girl with my name the day before I was born (They thought I was going to be a boy, soooo) and didnt have a girls name picked out!

'your mother' haha

Lately Ive had Adeles new song in my head!

Blog, nope... But I enjoy looking at lamebook.com...

12!

House ;)

Nursing and nope (esp. since I'm in a masters nursing program now)

Haha, not much... hes quite!

I should be spring cleaning right now but the weather is just not helping my motivation!
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynn.  I love it.  I'm not named after anyone.

I couldn't think of anything for this so I asked DH and he doesn't know either :(

Shall We Dance from the King and I.  I'm using it for ballet.

I don't blog

House

Dance Education.  Sometimes I wish I would have gone for something more conventional. 

"poor girl is stuck on the computer b/c he only watches what he wants to watch on television" .  Fortunately tonight is HIMYM, so we're on the same page :)

I've been unusally tired lately.  I fell asleep less than an hour into the Oscars last night and didn't wake up til 8am this morning (an hour after my alarm goes off). Then traffic was a nightmare and I was 20 minutes late for work.  I'm never sleep in like that.  Can't wait for vacation and for daylight savings time!
    Photobucket
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
        Siobhan --> Sha-von. I love it, and no its not from anyone else.

Sweet....I use it a lot...

Currently nothing embarrassing however I caught someone watching me jam out to FU by Ceelo that may have been slightly embarrassing

I am currently not reading many blogs....my friend is talking about starting one though, which I predict to keep me entertained

3, Intenet, GChat and Itunes

if money is in no way involved, bills, furniture, etc...not a mansion but a big home...

I started as a Criminal Justice Major...lasted one semester.
        Then I switched to Secondary Education and Math....that was Spring Fresh year- Fall Senior year.
        My piece of paper says mathematics on...no education

I wish I went elem/special ed which is what I enrolled to do as soon as I graduated.

He spoils me rotten but leaves his clothes everywhere

I am getting more and more anxious about this ring/proposal take 2.  I want to announce our date publically I think you ladies are the only people that know....ugh..
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    What is your middle name?  Do you like it? Are you named after anyone? Frances.  I used to hate it, but I don't anymore.  I'm named after my grandparents.  My first name was my maternal grandmother's name, and my maternal grandfather is Martin Francis... so I have his middle name.

Dude.  I think I just miss Hurley.

Ke$Ha songs.

Hyperbole and a Half.  When I have a bad day.... I read old entries.

5.  IE, Outlook, Word, our commercial library, and our traffic/billing system.

House.

Theatre... Acting/Directing, specifically.  Sometimes I wish it was something else, especially since I'm not doing anything with my degree, really.

That we're ridiculously goofy.  And still sometimes act like we're a new couple even though we've been together for 8 years.

I'm really not looking forward to working 66 hours this week....
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards