New Jersey
Options

Jeanine Mangan Review

Hi Everyone!

I am having difficulties finding a good makeup artist.  It is so hard to just look online and find the right one.  

Has anyone ever used Jeanine Mangan Makeup Designs?  What can you tell me about the quality of work, professionalism, and so on?

Thank you so much!!

Re: Jeanine Mangan Review

• Options
    Faith2730Faith2730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Back when I was looking for a makeup artist I had heard great reviews about her so I decided to book a trial with her. Well the night before the trial she emails me saying she was in the hospital because she was in a car accident and needed surgery. Obviously I felt so bad and rescheduled with her. Well again the night before my trial she emails me again at like midnight to cancel yet again saying she fell and broke her nose. Something just seemed really fishy with her. I was afraid she would do the same thing on my wedding day so I decided not to make another appointment with her. With that said after going to a few trials I finally found Jillyan Scarpa the owner of Skin and Paint Bar. She does AMAZING and is the sweetest person. I still keep in touch with her and get my makeup from from her. Good luck! :
  • Options
    I don't know anything about JM, but check out Donna from Amazing Face and Luscious Locks!   She is so awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    I had a trial with Jeannine and loved what she did. But then I heard a story about a bride whose wedding was on a Friday. Jeannine does a lot of work in the city and her job on Thursday ran late. She had to go back into the city on Friday and called the bride's planner after midnight on Thursday to cancel. My wedding was on a Friday and I just couldn't take that chance. This would probably hold true for any MUA who does jobs during the week... Just something to ask if your wedding is on a Friday. So I went with Amy Jones who I absolutely loved! I can PM you her info. Edit: I just read Irishangel's review and totally forgot that Jeanine ruined my shirt too. The airbrush went everywhere in my hair and all over my shirt. I did love my makeup though. But it just wasn't worth the worry.
  • Options
    I like Jillian at Skin Bar & Paint as well, but she also has a history of emergency cancellations for weddings.... including mine. Im not saying they werent real emergencies, and I do believe mine was, but it seems to happen a lot w her as well. I think w any MUA, just ask what their back up policy is and have a trial w who covers them as well just in case :)
  • Options
    I have a trial with JM in a few weeks! Hoping I have a good experience so I don't have to stress and find someone else!
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for the help!  My friend told me that JM never sent a contract after the trial, and I was hoping it was a fluke.  But after hearing all of your insight, I think I will go with someone else.  I am going to look through all of your suggesstions and hopefully find one.

I also heard good reviews about Dawn Rose Makeup Artistry.  Does anyone have any insights about her?

Thanks again!
  • Options
    LJN414LJN414 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I used Jeanine for my wedding back in April and LOVED my makeup! Cannot say enough nice things about her. From my trial to my wedding day she was always very professional, gave me a contract right away etc. and made the morning/getting ready time so much fun. My girls, mom and MIL were thrilled with their makeup too. We felt like models. I definitely recommend her. : )
  • Options
    I used Valerie Vittolo from Bridal by Val and she did an amazing job.  She was reasonably priced as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I do not recommend her. She is always late. Late to both of my friends weddings, and to mine. Her work isn't great either. I 100% recommend Adhari Edwards of Gloss and Shadow. She does my makeup for all my events now.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've always heard mixed reviews on here about her.  She was recommended to me by my friend who used her for her wedding and absolutely loved her.  Jeanine made her look like a supermodel.

I LOVED her work for my trial and I think she's a doll.  (She's doing my makeup for my wedding in 3 weeks.)  I'm not worried she'll be late because I don't live that far from her.

The 1 thing I did not like was that she is charging me a fee for bringing an assistant for the day of my wedding because I have a large amount of girls getting done (8 total).  Her price is already very high, and the additional cost kind of put me off.  But her work is great and people will pay her prices, so she's doing something right.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I heard the same things so for my wedding I used Gina Brozon. She was amazing and affordable!!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I was supposed to have my trial with Jeanine today and she emailed me late last night trying to reschedule to later in the day because she wouldn't be home at our scheduled time even though I confirmed with her on Monday. I booked with her at a specific time because I have other appointments today and I had to figure in my travel time to get to her. I took the day off work specifically to get a lot of stuff done today. I'm just really turned off and will be looking into everyone's recommendations!
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards