Texas-Austin

Need Hair and Makeup Artist Recs

Hey gals, I need help!  Anyone know who is considered the BEST at wedding hair in Austin, and who is considered the BEST with makeup?  I'm not looking to save money here...it's just too important to me.

Anyone familiar with Rochelle Rae's work (makeup and hair)?  How about Necole Marlow for hair?

Thanks!!!

Re: Need Hair and Makeup Artist Recs

• edited December 2011
    I am using Salon by milk and honey, for both hair and make-up!! I have heard great things!! :-) Good luck
    Are we there yet?? Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Sarah Stopper with Showstopper Makeup and Amaz Salon (a Kerastase salon) for onsite makeup and hair services, respectively.  Jose Luiz is supposed to be amazing but they were a little out of our budget.  If you do a search on this board you'll find a number of previous recommendations and reviews.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I know a ton of people are using Keep Austin Gorgeous. I have an appointment for a consultation there . . . we'll see how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    I just had my consultation at KAG.  I booked it yesterday for me and my 4 bridesmaids and 3 jr. bridesmaids.  I am also having them travel to my location.  It's a little more than I wanted to spend but I think it will be worth it.  I have heard great things, and I saw a bride a few weeks ago with make up and hair from there and she looked amazing.  That is why I am going to them!
  • edited December 2011
    my hairdresser who I LOVE and is absolutely amazing at cutting/styling my hair no longer travels for hair/makeup for weddings.  So, instead, he recommeded Ron King / Salon Bo.  I have a consultation with them in a couple of weeks.  They also come recommeded by the Four Seasons so I am sure they are really good.  If you want, I can let you know how the consultation is after :)
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and forgot to say, my friend had Rochelle Rae do her makeup for her wedding and she looked absolutely gorgeous but yet still herself.  Definitely recommend her.
  • mistyleonmistyleon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just saw your post, but my wedding coordinator raves about Rochelle Rae.  I decided to use Martha Lynn Barnes because I felt her prices were a little more moderate, but if you aren't worried about the cost then it seems like Rochelle Rae would be a great choice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  I had a trial run with Rochelle for makeup and was really happy.  It looked great and stayed on all day and night, but I still looked like me...you could still see my freckles. :-)

Now on to figuring out the hair...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards