Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

HELP! Need a Awesome Photog in NOVA!

Hi everyone!

I am on the hunt for a AWESOME photog, preferably an independent one.  I am willing to spend up to 2,000 but would like not to spend any more than that.  Does anyone have any personal referrals of photographers in Northern Virginia that are relaible and have a photojournalistic style with awesome editing?

I have found many amazing independent photographers but they start at 3,500 and I just can't imagine spending that!

Thanks for all your help!!!!

-Lauren

Re: HELP! Need a Awesome Photog in NOVA!

• Hi Lauren,

Finding a "cheap" photographer is hard. Everybody will tell you that you get what you pay for.

However, although hard to find, there are some good photographers who are starting out, and ready to offer extremely competitive prices to build their network and portfolio.

I am one of those. I am a young photographer from Paris, based in New York. I worked as a second shooter for 2 years and have been booking my own weddings since recently. I have 100 weddings under my belt, all the necessary gear+backup. I have a fine art background, so I also take film photos to add a real, vintage look to your pics.

You can check out my work yourself, pictures will talk better than words: )

Cheers!

Carole
  • Carole - You cannot advertise on here.  Shame on you for not abiding by the Terms of Service.  Reported.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi Lauren!

We used Bubbles and Blowfish Photography. Owner's name is Maureen. She is amazing!
    We had a shabby chic/ country rustic wedding and engagement.

She works with whatever budget you have. Nice, reliable, super fun to work with.
    He average price for an 8 hour wedding is only $1100 and that comes with a free engagement shoot.
    I recommend her to all my friends. I think she is based in Baltimore, but I know she travels to NOVA.
    Her website is 
    www.bubblesandblowfish.com scroll down and there is a link to her wedding website at the bottom. 

Hope this helps!

• Check Amar Ramesh Photography on Facebook.., he will be in Indy or Chicago during April and May 2013. Email: amaramarramesh.com
  • You may have a hard time finding someone that awesome for under 3200 in that area. You could try to Post a casting for your wedding and say exactly what you want.  Did you try to look outside of VA?.Do you want an album? maybe offer it to a student? Also some photographers take installment payments. Contact the photographers you want to work for and simply ask them! You never know it could be a slower season for them and they will take the gig. Good luck!

Graciela

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards