New Jersey

Shower Location help

I am going to be my best friend's MOH. I'm trying to find a restaurant to host it. Looking for something in the Wall/Howell/Brick (or surrounding) area. Hopefully something not too expensive. Please let me know if you can suggest a nice place. Thanks!

Re: Shower Location help

• edited December 2011
    I just went to a 1st b'day party a few weeks ago at Jack Bakers in Pt. Pleasant and there were several showers going on that day.  Their reception building is nice and new and can do several events at once.  The price is reasonable (my friend said she paid around $20pp, I assume that was pre tax and tip) and it is right on the water so the view was fantastic.  I would recommend looking into it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Jack Baker's. My shower was there and their (plated, not buffet) luncheon starts at $15pp. The choices we had I think were all $15, maybe $16 for the seafood combination. The others were chicken and pork loin. My mom added an extra course (soup - clam chowder) which I think was $2pp but with the rest of the food we had, it was honestly unnecessary. It also came with ice cream sundaes and there was no charge for cutting the cakes that were brought in.
    My cousin recently had her daughter's 1st birthday party at the Shrimp Box and it was also very good. The prices were similar to Jack Baker's $15-17pp for a TON of options from pasta to chicken to steak to shrimp, scallops, salmon, flounder. We got to pick anything off the menu, but I am sure you could select 3 or 4 options if that works for you. She has also hosted parties at the Sand Bar in Brielle, in their upstairs (private) room, which is very nice and has a beachy feel. It overlooks Manasquan Inlet.
    A friend's shower was at Jules in Brick (maybe it's actually Toms River). The place is usually only open for dinner but they booked an afternoon party on a Saturday and it was very nice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards