Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Brides maids and no Best Man?

My fiance has moved around during his college years and has very few, if any, person he truly wants to ask to be his best man. I however went to school close-by and have multiple friends to be in the wedding party.

How do we balance it out? Who does he ask?

Re: Brides maids and no Best Man?

• WPs are not about symmetry.  You ask your side, and he asks (or doesn't) ask his.  That's about it.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • If he has any female friends or family, he can also ask them to stand up for him.  Or he can have his father/grandfather/uncle as a best man.  But if he doesn't want any attendants, he doesn't need them.  You can still have as many bridesmaids as your little heart desires.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • He has to find someone to ask. Doesn't he have any friends or brothers?
  • I have the same situation, only in reverse:

I don't have many (or any close) women friends.  I have only family in my party but none are close to ask to be MOH.  So I'm not having one.

FI is currently trying to pick between a lot of guy friends (that's what I get for marrying a frat guy) 

We are just having an asymmetrical wedding party.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We will probably end up with an all female party as well! Glad to know we are not the only ones :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards