Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good evening!

Re: Good evening!

• Congratulations, Loopy!
  • Thanks Eagles, I appreciate that and I may take you up on that sometime.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks Oot.

Poke - I had a whole response typed out. but TK ate it.  My midwife delivers in a hospital.  I just like the natural fewer intervention path that they take.  They're affiliated with an OB practice too so if I develop any complications it'll be easy to transfer to an OB.
  • Loopy - that's cool. I've read a lot into having a water birth and I think that might be something I'd be interested in. Apparently in the UK they're encouraging more home births.
  • The hospital this practice is affiliated with is set up to accommodate that if you want.  I don't think I'm up for hanging out naked in water with tons of people around, but I'd like to do it as naturally as I can, but with the option for an epidural if I choose at some point.  
  • I know that natural is better for the mom and the baby, but I really don't think I'll be able to do it... I need the drugs!
  • I read an article while I was in the UK. Apparently their hospitals are over flowing and they're encouraging home births. You can buy a special pool type thing to give birth in. From what I've read it's really helpful. 
  • My sister has decided to have a medication-free water birth for her third child. More power to her.
  • I just don't think I'll get through it without an epidural. My pain threshold isn't super low, but it's not high either. Although I am good at dealing with pain when I know the outcome is worth it.
  • Well, it's supposed to be pretty painful. I mean, I'd like to think I'd do it naturally but at the end of the day I'd also like the option if it's too much.
  • Eagles, I would not be having that. It's actually kinda hot in my house right now, I'm thinking of turning the air on because I probably won't be able to sleep. Your reasoning is way better than his, especially because the weather here in May can be crazy... 60 degrees one day, 85 the next.
  • That's so annoying Eagles. I can't STAND the heat at night. It really sucks. Do you have a fan? 
  • H keeps opening windows and doors cause he's hot.  I am in a sweatshirt with a blanket cause I'm cold.  LOL.

So we bought this (clicky) pasta at the farmer's market this morning.  OMG - SO GOOD!
  • OMG that stuff looks amazing. 
  • It was good.  We also got a lb of  http://www.pappardellesonline.com/servlet/Detail?no=76lk and H is going to make me alfredo from scratch on Tuesday before he leaves to go with it :).  I'm too lazy to make that one linky.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    That does look good, Loopy. I got pasta for dinner tonight and I'm considering getting the leftovers out of the fridge for an (almost) midnight snack.

I think I only work one day this week so far... after working 5 days last week, I'll enjoy the break, although I may end up working a half day or two as well. FI graduates law school on Friday, so no twins this week... Not going to lie, I'm kind of glad. I don't need the stress right now.

ETA - I made it sound like working 5 days is such a hardship, lol. I'm just not used to it anymore since I've been off so long.
  • Angel - does he have a job lined up?

I'm going to have oreo ice cream for a snack in a bit before I go to bed.
  • That would look good if it didn't have mushroom sauce :).
  • I don't like mushrooms either Loopy. Although when I make broccoli cheese soup I put in diced mushrooms - it's a big hit with everyone. I cut them large enough to be easy to pick out though.
  • angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Loopy, he doesn't, which is making me a little nervous, but his dad has some connections that he's going to put him in touch with, so hpefully that will pan out. Luckily there's plenty of time between now and the wedding for him to find something, even if it's not his dream job.

Eagles, I love Trader Joe's and that pasta looks good.

ETA - Didn't notice the mushroom sauce, lol so I probably wouldn't like it afterall. It's not really the flavor of mushrooms I don't like, it's the texture. Although mushroom soup smells pretty awful to me, so I may just not like them in general.
  • I hope he finds something soon Angel. 

Good night Eagles.
  • Goodnight Eagles!

I'd like to go to bed early, but I was in bed until noon. I was up A LOT during the night though, so I still dont' think I actually got that much sleep. 
  • Thanks, Loopy.

Night, Eagles!

• Poke, that sounds like my night's sleep on Thursday. It sucked. I'm considering taking something to sleep tonight... I'd like to be knocked out and dead to the world for a solid 9 or 10 hours... I need sleep!
  • Yeah, I don't actually have anything to take. I generally don't buy anything unless I'm really sick. Since I only actually take a sleep aid very rarely, any time I buy something it feels like a waste. My mom is, like, addicted to anything that will make her sleep so when I buy something to help me sleep once she ends up taking the rest of it. It's annoying.
  • This is how I feel about beer:

Chrissy would be very upset with me lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:40443690-b48d-464f-a6ea-2fdbc653ebcePost:b4adfe3e-f6d2-44e1-b7d1-4679e4a637ca">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I don't actually have anything to take. I generally don't buy anything unless I'm really sick. Since I only actually take a sleep aid very rarely, any time I buy something it feels like a waste. My mom is, like, addicted to anything that will make her sleep so when I buy something to help me sleep once she ends up taking the rest of it. It's annoying.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

I love having stuff to help me sleep occasionally, but FI is like your mom... if there's something available to help him sleep, he takes it. I guess he doesn't sleep well on his own. He took more than the recommended dose of sleep aid medicine tonight, but it's because he's sick, like I told you, so he has even more trouble sleeping than normal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-evening-25?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:40443690-b48d-464f-a6ea-2fdbc653ebcePost:188ca802-79b3-4f31-891f-0c8c76aa7b9d">Re: Good evening!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is how I feel about beer: <a href="http://leasticoulddo.com/" rel="nofollow">http://leasticoulddo.com/</a> Chrissy would be very upset with me lol.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

Ha, that's pretty much how I feel about beer as well. I think the comic is supposed to be making fun of Bud specifically, but I think all beer is like that, lol.
  • I can totally understand that. The only thing I want to do when I'm sick is sleep. I hope he gets better soon though <3

• Thanks. Geez, there aren't very many pages in this thread, are there? Evening threads have been a little dead the last few days, I guess people are startig to have lives haha... except for me of course ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards