Massachusetts-Boston

Affordable dress shopping

Hi everyone -- I posted this in the attire secition, but i need some local ideas.  I'm getting married in May 2014, and want to start gathering dress options.  Here's what I'm looking for:

-- Short
-- Off-white/cream/ivory/champagne -- not bright white
-- Under $500
-- Not strapless

I've looked at the David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo websites, and didn't find anything that jumped out at me.  

Where else can I look?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Affordable dress shopping

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_affordable-dress-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:c1b2d1d4-c673-446f-824-b4654d8cabc3Post:7e74d9a3-a196-4dce-a669-dc1b065e66bd">Affordable dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone -- I posted this in the attire secition, but i need some local ideas.  I'm getting married in May 2014, and want to start gathering dress options.  Here's what I'm looking for: -- Short -- Off-white/cream/ivory/champagne -- not bright white -- Under $500 -- Not strapless I've looked at the David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo websites, and didn't find anything that jumped out at me.   Where else can I look? Thanks!
    Posted by AlmostMrsMags[/QUOTE]

It looks as if you're in Boston...so not far from Taunton. If you go...ask for Stephanie!! She's soooo patient and absolutely GREAT!!! It's called New York Lace here is the website...I think they have everything...
    <a href="http://www.nylace.com" rel="nofollow">www.nylace.com</a>
    You have my WHOLE heart for my WHOLE life!
  • It's prom season, you might be able to find a lot of short whitish dresses that are being displayed for prom. I think for price, your best bets are David's Bridal, Alfred Angelo and Vows. They may have stuff in store that you don't see on the website. Also, sometimes things look different on you than it does on someone else. I would suggest making an appointment somewhere and actually trying things on. You might love something that you wouldn't have thought you liked by looking online.
    Anniversary
  • Also, be sure to check out stores with small bridal sections - Ann Taylor, J Crew, etc.  Their dresses often go on sale, too!
    White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • J Crew just had a great bridal sale, you might want to see if it's still going on!  I also have seen Ann Taylor dresses recently on Rue La La for under $200.  Otherwise, Vows is the place to go.

Or, I've had a few friends who've had custom made dresses on Etsy or at a dressmaker for well under $500!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards