Ohio-Cleveland

DJ

Has anyone used or been to a wedding with the Marino Brother DJs? What did you think? They seem to be a bit pricy, but they looked like a lot of fun at the IX Center bridal show a few weeks back.
~~December 3, 2011~~

Re: DJ

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended one of theirs 3 years ago. Their style is definitely party-party-party. If you are looking for low-key, they aren't your guys. LOL. They did an ok job overall, but IMO their style didn't really suit this particular couple. I know the bride was really into swing dancing and she supplied quite a few swing tunes to be played, but not as many were played as she wanted. The songs would have gone over well with the crowd though -- lots of swing dancers (including my DH) in attendance. Maybe the Marino bros. weren't used to that type of group at a wedding? They played a lot of the 'typical' wedding playlist stuff you'd expect.

You and your FI should see them in action yourselves and see if the Marinos would work with what you envision for your wedding.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    They are definitely a party!  The wedding where I saw them was the same as the one mentioned above...like it just didn't seem to fit, but when I talked to the bride, she loved every minute of them!  They put on a great show and keep the party hopping, but it is an experience and they, in my opinion, kind of steal the show in some respects. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • KellyS01KellyS01 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I recently booked with The DJ Crew.  They are great to work with, comparably priced, and really tend to your needs and desires.  They will create the atmosphere you want, whether it is party, party, party, or a little more low key. Let me know if you want more info, or if you book with them.  If you give them my name as reference, we both get $50 off!!
  • kmiekmie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jay R with Selective Sound is by the far the nicest person to work with!  He has over 25 years experience and knows how to throw a party without becoming the center of attention!  I have seen him in action at several events around Cleveland as well as other weddings and can't wait for him to keep us dancing all night long for my wedding! 
  • ccbiroccbiro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked with Selective Sound, too.  I was pretty honest with him about my fears of DJs--I worked a summer job at a banquet hall back when I was in college and pretty much have seen and heard it ALL with DJs.  He was really easy to work with and great for the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards