Rhode Island

Who should marry us??

My fiancé and I were both raised in Catholic homes, but neither one of us is religious. We have opted to have a non-denominational ceremony outside. The majority of our families are understanding of our decision, but some are still very resistant about us deciding to not marry in a church. 

Because of this it is very important to us to have the right person marry us. The last thing I want is to be reminded for years to come at family functions how dry, or rude or even unprofessional our officiant was. Not to say that anyone would be any of those things, but I'm scared....

Can anyone recommend someone who they know to be great and would marry us in a non-denominational ceremony in Providence?  
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who should marry us??

• edited December 2011
    Have one of your close friends "ordained" online...its very easy.....and have them marry you.  It'll make it that much more personal.
  • edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out Rev. Victoria Burdick.  We are in a very similar situation; grew up in Catholic families, but are having a non-religious ceremony.  She will customize the entire ceremony for you and make it completely personal and unique.  You can have it as religious or non-religous as you'd like and she really takes the time to get to know you.

Her website is:
    http://www.authenticceremony.com/Home.html
  • edited December 2011
    Skip Sweeney has been great to work with so far!

http://nondenomwedding.com/default.aspx
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the Reverends Cavalconte. They are a husband and wife team and are amazing!
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Skip Sweeney! He was absolutely great before and during the wedding. He includes the rehearsal in his fee. He came to our rehearsal dinner, and it was great for him to meet our familiies and spend more time with us. It made the ceremony much more comfortable than someone just showing up the day of the wedding for the 30 minutes that the ceremony lasts.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • wendyk33wendyk33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using rev kenneth boyle. He's great.
  • 336339336339 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same question--does anyone know anything about Antoinette Cavanna?  She was recommended by Victoria Burdick who was unfortunately booked for our date.
    thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards