June 2012 Weddings

Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!

I'm bored tonight, so this is the result.

My weird thing is expiry dates on food. My latest grocery trip had me in a fit of (internal) excitement because some of it expires just before or after our big day. Weird, I know.

What weird things remind you of your upcoming nuptials? Or am I alone in this weirdness?

Side note: My first though of what to name this thread was "What weird things excite you?". Probably a good thing that I dirty-proofed that thought in my head first.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!

• I just entered a cheque payment date into our accounting system that is AFTER my wedding.......

Also the next long weekend we have here in Canada is AFTER my wedding! :)

June 2012 August Siggy Challenge: Favourite Pro Pic (I couldn't choose just one!)
    imageDaisypath Vacation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lol love your ETA! When I get meeting requests at work it reminds me of my date and of the HM. Excitedly I decline them if they fall within those dates. Speaking of things that remind us I've purposed to get the newspaper the morning of my wedding as well as anything else reading June 9, 2012 that I can get my hot little hands on!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • aor9487aor9487 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:d21e0ad1-1a39-4554-83b1-97f4e208aa5d">Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm bored tonight, so this is the result. My weird thing is expiry dates on food. My latest grocery trip had me in a fit of (internal) excitement because some of it expires just before or after our big day. Weird, I know. What weird things remind you of your upcoming nuptials? Or am I alone in this weirdness? Side note: My first though of what to name this thread was "What weird things excite you?". Probably a good thing that I dirty-proofed that thought in my head first.
    Posted by rasp.berry[/QUOTE]

<div>OMG! I'm the same way with expiration dates on our groceries! lol I thought I was the only one. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 92 Ready to party!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:f2274953-e70c-4830-9780-c2e5e7445bcf">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just entered a cheque payment date into our accounting system that is AFTER my wedding....... Also the next long weekend we have here in Canada is AFTER my wedding! :)
    Posted by janeash[/QUOTE]

Ahh, I'm jealous - I'm an accountant too, and I'm still working on the April statements so to me, on a busy day, I can forget how close to the end of May we are!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:b7871661-11b3-4519-bc68-a5a287f12be1">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol love your ETA! When I get meeting requests at work it reminds me of my date and of the HM. Excitedly I decline them if they fall within those dates. Speaking of things that remind us <strong>I've purposed to get the newspaper the morning of my wedding</strong> as well as anything else reading June 9, 2012 that I can get my hot little hands on!
    Posted by Elizabeth80[/QUOTE]

SUCH a good idea. We have copies of the local papers from the days that our children are born, so I think I'll add this to the list of "must have" keepsakes. I think it's just so cool to be able to look back years later and remember what was happening at that time. Even just the layout and look of ads in the paper for different products can change so much in just 5 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:42ce0444-2457-477f-bc36-cedda4762d36">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!! : OMG! I'm the same way with expiration dates on our groceries! lol I thought I was the only one. 
    Posted by aor9487[/QUOTE]

YAY!! We're not alone!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • When we were working on my taxes it was a pain because I changed states. I remeber FI telling me that next year our taxes will be easier because we will be filing jointly. 

My other thing is that I write my initials at work several times a day. My boss told me today that we will all have to learn my new initials. 
    Cappadocia, Turkey
    June 2012 March Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon location
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 215 Invited so far!
    image 160 Are ready to party!
    image 30 Will be missing out!
    image 25 Are MIA!
  • I do the expiration date thing too!  And I'm also an accountant!!  I thought I was the only one on the board!

This is so weird and TMI but its TMI Tuesday soo:  Today I bought what will be our last box of condoms!  We have 39 days until the wedding and I bought a 36 pack.  We've decided to stop the condoms once we're married (I'm on the pill) and it was something I didn't think would be so exciting but it really is!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic June 2012 Siggy: Favorite Engagement Picture! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing this huge project for a new distribution center coming online. I was told that it originally was going to come online pretty much the day after I left for 2 1/2 weeks. I was like "woah"

Also my tape gun, knife, & cart all say my last name on them. 
  • I'm a teacher, and I keep imagining hearing "Mrs. Newlastname" and looking around to see if FMIL is in the room....
    Also, FI has already been changing my name on things.... the Verizon guy the other day said "your husband called and said...."   I guess I will have to start thinking of myself as wife!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:da61ff90-ccbe-4e3c-9c36-1b7041290d2b">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I do the expiration date thing too!  And I'm also an accountant!!  I thought I was the only one on the board! This is so weird and TMI but its TMI Tuesday soo:  Today I bought what will be our last box of condoms!  We have 39 days until the wedding and I bought a 36 pack.  We've decided to stop the condoms once we're married (I'm on the pill) and it was something I didn't think would be so exciting but it really is!
    Posted by michellep1[/QUOTE]

This going to sound crass (and I'm sorry, but I had to put it out there), but you're in for a treat. Hah!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a banker and have been waiting on my new business cards! I cannot wait! I follow up with all of my clients so I've been adding the new name to cards so they know who to ask for after the first weekend in June. I'm very much the same about turning work requests down the week I'm gone. Our bank recently mergered so training is endless and so much is going on HM week.

My MOH called me today and was asking about rehearsal. She asked what time her dad needed to be there next Friday. (He's my soloist.) That really hit me! I have one more weekend as a single lady!!!

Best wishes to all of y'all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:59157a8d-7a4f-4b12-83dd-badef3c9d765">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!! : SUCH a good idea. We have copies of the local papers from the days that our children are born, so I think I'll add this to the list of "must have" keepsakes. I think it's just so cool to be able to look back years later and remember what was happening at that time. Even just the layout and look of ads in the paper for different products can change so much in just 5 years.

I must remember to buy a paper too!  I have the local newspaper from the day I turned 18 (just a few days before I graduated high school).
  • Today was the last day of work (teacher) until August.  I ended this years as Miss M..... and will go back as Mrs. G.....  I thought I was going to teach summer school, but it wasn't in the budget so I won't be back in the classroom for 11 weeks. 

Also, I have 12 checks left and told FI I have to make them last...I don't want to order new ones in my maiden name and then change them.
  • I think it's weird that it hit me when I was reminded that my pastor's wife is giving birth in 4 weeks.

First Look
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • EVERYTHING!!!

We have listing agreements at work and I'll get one that will be for 6/30/12 and I get excited to see the date or if they expire after, I think about how I'll be married by then!! I also do the same thing for food.

I also do it with TV shows that are over for the season...when they come back on, I'll be married!!!

• My friend told me she's purposely waiting until June 9th to put my invitation in the mail so she can mail it to Mr. & Mrs. K; her other invites are going out on June 3rd.
    Vacation White Knot
  • FH and I do the expiry date thing too :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:e6f75f37-b54e-4fbb-9020-cfd033d301ab">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend told me she's purposely waiting until June 9th to put my invitation in the mail so she can mail it to Mr. & Mrs. K; her other invites are going out on June 3rd.
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]

<div>We just got a save the date for "The future Mr. and Mrs. FI's name." It was so exciting!! </div>
  • Lately we've been making summer plans and it's so nice to think that we will be married when we go on the trip we are planning or other type of events that are coming up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • yep, expiration dates!!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Elizabeth80Elizabeth80 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    This is really cute of her to do!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:e6f75f37-b54e-4fbb-9020-cfd033d301ab">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friend told me she's purposely waiting until June 9th to put my invitation in the mail so she can mail it to Mr. & Mrs. K; her other invites are going out on June 3rd.
    Posted by melntaitt[/QUOTE]
  • Mine is work related too, I'm in sales and when I set call reminders for a month out i have to move them because a month out falls on the two days before (well today it's the day before  but the rest of this week was the 2 days). I'm off those two days leading up to the wedding. Also my boss, who is a good family friend said the other day that it's going to be weird for him to say his assistant josie new last name will be calling the clients soon. He said for a while I'm going to have to use both last names as a hyphen and to do the switch over to the new one!
  • I won't be getting a pay check again till after the honeymoon!
    ayeee!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I noticed this morning that our milk expires on June 2nd.  I smiled when I realized it would be our last gallon we buy before we are married!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:d21e0ad1-1a39-4554-83b1-97f4e208aa5d">Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm bored tonight, so this is the result. My weird thing is expiry dates on food. My latest grocery trip had me in a fit of (internal) excitement because some of it expires just before or after our big day. Weird, I know. What weird things remind you of your upcoming nuptials? Or am I alone in this weirdness? Side note: My first though of what to name this thread was "What weird things excite you?". Probably a good thing that I dirty-proofed that thought in my head first.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 203 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 61 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • I will be buying my last tank of gas tomorrow as Miss.
  • edited May 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_put-weird-things-that-remind-you-that-youre-getting-married-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:31ba8c7e-a2a7-4515-a6a3-62a65330c527Post:da5749a8-90cf-4287-b7c0-33d31ba5d6c1">Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Put weird things that remind you that you're getting married HERE!! : We just got a save the date for "The future Mr. and Mrs. FI's name." It was so exciting!! 
    Posted by kelsey+brandon[/QUOTE]

We got a Save The Date last week for Shelly and Vince G...!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards