Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

ugh, David's Bridal vent!

So I went today to pick up my dress after waiting 4 looooong weeks.  All they had to do was add a bustle, clean and steam it, and fix a couple loose beads.

When we got there, it was obvious that nobody had steamed it, there were horrible creases in the bottom of the skirt and through the front across my stomach..and the beads were dangling on threads Frown  The alterations staff was super rude, and kept acting like I was inconveniencing them, it was clear that the girl would have rather been out front gossiping with the rest of them..oh wait, she disappeared to "go check on something" and didn't come back until 15 minutes later (my mom finally went out and got her).  They ordered me the wrong size bra, so I had to take the used one from the store ($80 bucks for a stained bra?!).

After another hour they finally had the dress steamed (sort of) and fixed the beads...failed to realize that a stitch had come undone in the ruching, and claimed they couldn't get some of the creases out.

So I stuffed it in the bag and walked out.  Hopefully Debi at Fit for a bride is as amazing as everyone says, because I'll definitely be needing her help!

Sorry for the long vent...I just thought today would be exciting and it turned into a nightmare!  On a positive note, in 2 weeks I'll be arriving in Vegas!!! Tongue Out
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: ugh, David's Bridal vent!

• Options
    I can't imagine how disappointed you were today, but hopefully all the nightmare stuff is out of your way and you can enjoy your dream wedding! Sending positive and calm thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Debi will make your dress look amazing!!! Don't worry!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i would tell them to reorder a new bra you didnt pay for a stained used on.  talk to manager and explain that things that were suppose to be done werent
  • Options
    Oh wow I'm so sorry you had a bad time with them. Did you try talking with the manager?
  • Options
    An all access pass to freak out. Talk to a manager and if that doesn't get the results you want, you find out who signs her paycheck. There in a high dollar business and need to perform and act like it. I'm mad for you just thinking about it! lol but seriously escalate this.. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    J + A [4-15-13] + JJ [1-22-14] 
  • Options
    Once they finished "steaming" the dress while I waited I just wanted out of there.  They offered to order a new bra but it wouldn't arrive until the day we were leaving for Vegas..and the store is an hour away from my house (in the wrong direction).  She told me they couldn't get it here any faster.  I didn't even think of speaking with a manager, my mom rushed me out because she knew I was upset..Maybe I'll call and see if I can speak to someone just to let them know that their service sucks!

I have to admit, I've seen pics of the dresses Debi has done, and I'm super excited to have her steam my dress and bring it back with hot pink and zebra tissue paper lol that would make it all totally worth it!

That was our last big thing other than selecting music for the ceremony, so hopefully all of the craziness is behind us!  Now we just have to get everything together and fit it all in our car!  Did I mention planning a 9 hour trip with a 2 year old? Lol so maybe all the craziness isn't quite over yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hot pink and zebra tissue paper??!? Where does that come from...I love that. S.N. did you find your shoes??? The tissue paper reminded me..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards