March 2013 Weddings

Cake!

Hey ladies! It's quiet on the board this week so I thought, heck, I might as well as my question here since I trust all of your judgements! FI and I had a few cake tastings and we really liked one cake, which was below budget (yay!), and another which is slightly above budget. Production on the under budget cake starts on Tuesday before the wedding and the over budget cake production starts on Thursday. Tuesday seems really early to me though, so I wanted to see if any of you have gotten into the cake stuff yet and or have heard any advice on this? I don't want stale cake but I'd love to stay under budget :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cake!

• JordanL1221JordanL1221 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    I say go with the under-budget one. In my personal experience, my cousin's wedding cake went into production on Wed (she had a Sunday wedding) and it tasted fabulous. If they make the cake right, it should still be great!

Plus, cake is cake. People will eat it regardless ;)
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#1 4/9/12- EDD 12/22/12- M/MC at 9w4d 5/23/12.
    BFP#2 12/18/12- EDD 8/31/13 First U/S- 6w4d HB 124! Second U/S- 10w2d HB 178!! Grow baby, grow! NT Scan Scheduled for 2/20/13.
  • I agree, I think starting it early is normal, as long as it's stored properly I'd go for them under budget cake ;-)
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards