Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Good Morning!

So, today is my LAST DAY OF WORK before the wedding and Honeymoon!! I'm so stinking excited I can't stand it! My mom is driving in today to help me gather everything and then we are driving back to Pgh bright and early tomorrow morning. So, needless to say, this might be my last day on TK until June 14th! lol... I'll try to check back in later this week, and possibly post a review recap on Sunday before we leave for California and Tahiti!

So last night I spent the evening packing! Ugh! Oh how I hate packing! Plus, my mind is so focused on the wedding that I can't even start to THINK about the HM, but I need to pack for it now, as we leave on Sunday evening... So fingers crossed that my day at work/class tonight goes quick!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Janice - I saw your e-pic preview on FB and the pictures posted are STUNNING!! ! CAN'T WAIT to see the rest! :)

Re: Good Morning!

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning everyone!  I tried a bootcamp class today at Schenley Oval.  Other than the fact that it started at 0530, I loved it.  I have 2 more free classes, but I think I am going to sign up for the next session.  Pups weren't too happy with me though when I left without them.  Their walk had to wait until I got back.  When I walked back in the door they were like, "Where have you been?  Let's go"!  lol

My DF made his fabulous homemade BBQ sauce last night.  A huge batch that should last a while.  I am going to buy a pork butt (sounds silly) today to put in the crock pot tomorrow.  I throw it in the crock with a can of soda, drain, pick out the icky fat pieces, shred and mix with his sauce.  Voila!  Fabulous pulled pork!!  Can't wait for dinner tomorrow.

Gianna- Thanks!!!  I was so excited when she posted the preview.  We are hoping to have the slide show either today or tomorrow.  I will share as soon as we get them.  The water in that fountain was cold!!!! 
    I am so excited for you!!!  I have truly enjoyed seeing all of your hard work.  All of your DIY projects have been fabulous and inspiring. Good luck packing and have fun!!!  In case we don't hear from you for a while, Congrats!!!  I'll be thinking of ya'!

Sara- Any more luck with house hunting?  How are you healing? 

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MRadsMRads member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  Nothing too exciting last night - just the gym.  I watched the House season finale last night, and was pretty disappointed, and then watched some of the Bachelorette.  A guy who went to my college was on the bachelorette.  I don't know him, but my college only has 4300 people, so I was just curious to see him. 

Janice - I want to see your sneak peek!  And 5:30 is dedication!

G - I would be so excited.  Good luck focusing!

Sara - I, too, am curious about your house hunt!  It can be such a pain.  I moved every year from 18-24, when I moved in with FI this past year.  He owns the house, and there is something nice about knowing I won't have to move again.  Though, now there are TONS of remodeling projects I want to do.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM!
    Last night I went to Med Express to get a "physical". We have to get one before June 1st every year for work .. and i haven't bothered to get a PCP so Med Express it is! Other than that DF finished his trim painting project (YAY!)

Tonight we are meeting with the Priest who is marrying us.. kinda nervous but also excited!

G - YAY for today being your last work day! i hope it goes smoothly for you! I truly wish you all the best this weekend. I hope its filled with lots of love and fun! You should be so proud of all your DIY details.I just know you will be a gorgeous bride and your wedding will be such an elegant affair! <3

janice - bootcamp class - sounds hard! I always have a hard time leaving my pup once I come home from work.. she's home all day and it kills me to leave her again! I"ll have to 'friend' you on facebook so i can see your e-pics!!

MRads - very interesting about the guy from your college on bachlorette! I haven't watched that show in a few seasons.. maybe i'll get back into this time!

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls! I've been MIA, sorry! Just been really busy with the new job and such. G, I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures :) J, saw your FB preview, Jenni did a great job! D, I'm glad your FI finally finished his painting project! I feel like it took forever!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!

So I rode the bus again yesterday, and that was definitely an adventure. The first bus I got on the driver was really rude. He was annoyed that it took me a while to get on the bus, then I had to pay in cash. He just started driving before I could sit down, so I was standing on one leg and my crutches holding on for dear life at the door. Someone finally came to my rescue and starting yelling at the driver to stop the bus so I could sit. The whole bus started to get mad at him before he finally just cussed under his breath and stopped the bus so I could move to a seat. But I didn't even sit down before he started moving again so I almost face planted. Sigh. I'm not trying to get special attention, but really? I am on crutches. I physcially just can't stand on a moving bus.

Ok. So that's my rant for the day. The rest of the afternoon went well. Just went to the grocery store and picked up some Chic-Fil-A (my all time favorite fast food treat).

GMC- Get packing chica! You will have so much fun on your honeymoon. Tahita and the pacific islands were our first choice for the honeymoon, but we just don't have the vacation time to travel that far :-( I'm very jealous though and I can't wait to see all the pics! We will all miss you here on the boards.

Janice- I saw the pics this morning on facebook! I love love love love them!!!! Especially that fountain picture. It may have been cold, but it turned out awesome! And the knee is healing, but slowly. I have a tendency to walk on it in the apartment just because I get so sick of the crutches, but I really need to quit and just rest it.

MRads (Janice :-)- I can't remember if I told you guys, but the apartment was rented out before we even sent our application in last weekend. But we really want to see the house on Mt. Washington that will be available, but have to wait until the new owner closes on it. If we take it though we have to make sure all the updates he plans on doing (new floors) are written into the lease and finished before we try to move. We are taking this week off from looking for other places right now. We'll start back next week if won't don't like the house once we see it.

dp- yeay for med Express! That place is so easy and convenient, espcially if you don't have a general practicioner in the area (like me lol).
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Goodness...posting at the end of these could get tiring.  :)  There is so much to comment on!! 

My weekend was good - my FI and I had our epics taken at Kennywood!!  So far they look great.  Once I get the link to the pics I'll be sure to post it. 
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    G- I'm so excited that your big day is this weekend!  I can remember when you just joined TK.  I'm sure every detail is going to be wonderful and that you are going to look amazing.  Have a wonderful day-I can't wait to stop back and see the pictures!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards