Not Engaged Yet

Bridesmaids

How do you feel about it?  Does your opinion on it change as you get older or once you are already married?  Just curious :-)

Anniversary

Re: Bridesmaids

• motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I've been a BM 3 times now, and as I get older I realize that I won't do it unless its someone I want to really be there for.  I can tell you as I get older I'm less inclined to do it.
  • In Response to Re:Bridesmaids:[QUOTE]I've been a BM 3 times now, and as I get older I realize that I won't do it unless its someone I want to really be there for.nbsp; I can tell you as I get older I'm less inclined to do it. Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]

This. I've been a MOH once, and a bridesmaids twice. You've got to be important to me for me to do it now.
  • I said love it. But I've only been a BM (MOH) once, for my sister, so it was an exciting experience. I'm pretty sure my days of being a BM are over, since most of my friends are married already.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I've only been one once, but I loved it. I hope that my MOH asks me to be a BM whenever she gets married.
  • I have never been a bridesmaid or a MOH.  If one of my two best friends asked, I would definitely say yes.  I'm not sure what I would say if a different friend asked.  Probably yes because I would feel like a jerk saying no. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've never been a bridesmaid....but I really want to be!
    I'm already collecting ideas: 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I've actually never been a BM or MOH.   It's crazy that I haven't been.  Among my best girlfriends, one eloped, one just had her sister, my sister just had her best friend, FI's cousin (who's a really good friend as well), just had her sisters . . . all things like that.  I would totally be one for someone if we were really close friends though, no problem. 
  • I'm only apt to say yes to really close friends or family members (which are basically friends, in my case).

This is mainly because I'm so NOT a girly girl and dressing up and getting my make up and hair done is basically torture for me :)  I'm only willing to be tortured for those I love, haha.

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I'm MOH in my sister's wedding coming up and have been in 2 other weddings, I would only do it again if it were a really close friend. 

Anniversary

• I've been a bridesmaid twice and a MOH once.  These are 2 of my best girl friends so of course I said yes!  Oh and yes I meant 2 girls for 3 weddings because I was in my BFFs 1st and 2nd wedding LOL  I don't have any sisters or close female relatives and all of my friends but me are married now so i don't anticipate being asked anymore.  I will ask my BFF to be in mine and BF will ask his BFF and that will be all we would have. 

• I am a BM for my brothers fiance. It's the first time I've ever been one. I hope that I will be my best friends MOH or BM's. Other than that, I think that it would take an extremely close friend for me to say yes. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I've only been a BM twice, for each of my two sisters.  It wasn't bad because nothing much was expected of us, but after spending time on the WP board, I'd have to be really close to someone (translation: being able to tell them to shove it if they were being ridiculous).

Anniversary
  • I was a BM in my mom's second wedding, but I was 11.  I've never actually been a BM or a MOH, I'm hoping I will be eventually.  It would have to be a non-crazy friend though, I've read too many horror stories.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was a Jr. BM once.  I'll never submit anyone to that nonsense ever.

I've never been a real BM though.  :(
    I french with my man
  • I've only been in 2 weddings. My moms and my exbf's sisters. Both were pretty easy tasks as I really didn't have to do anything but be there for the dress fittings and the day of.

• I've been a bridesmaid 3 times. It is expensive, and challenging when you don't know the other bridesmaids well. I wonder if I'll ever be a MOH... Maybe for my sister, but maybe not.

• RWS2011RWS2011 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I was a bridesmaid in one wedding for someone who was practically family.  I didn't mind it except for the godawful dress and having to make a speech.  The rest of it was fun.

I agree that I would only want to do this for someone I was very close to.  Honestly, I haven't heard of many people being asked that weren't close to the bride, but maybe if I hang around these boards more, I'll hear it all!  ;)

• I've been a bridesmaid once and also have turned it down once. 

I had to turn it down because it is the weekend before my wedding EIGHT hours away. And then Jeff's friend asked him to be best man the same weekend and he said yes... At least that one is only an hour and a half away. But the weekend before ours... really? Two friends want that date and asked us to be in the wedding? Man, I figured if you wanted one of your best freinds to be in a wedding you'd not choose the weekend right before theirs...
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • I've never been a bridesmaid and probably will never be a bridesmaid, because my two closest friends are a transman who is not going to get married and a wonderful feminist who doesn't want to be married until there is equality for LGBT people who wish to get married.

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I was a bridesmaid once when I was 17, and I'm going to be a bridesmaid in my best friend from HS wedding next June. 

I'm excited! I love weddings, and I love playing dress up and planning parties, haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards