Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Wedding Album Separately

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has used a separate company to do their wedding album. I am looking for a high-end, expensive-looking album. I just don't want to pay $3,000 for it.

Any help would be great! :)

Re: Wedding Album Separately

• edited December 2011
    Here are a couple of links to bios of Knotties that made their own professional-looking albums:
    http://110709wedding.weebly.com/diy-album.html
    http://roadtotheaisle.blogspot.com/2009/05/diy-wedding-albums.html
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW! $3,000 for a photo album? My photog only charges $150. Is that what your photog is charging?
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first link the PP listed is mine.  I was very happy with how mine came out and it was around $400.
  • edited December 2011
    Some other companies to consider:  (clicky names)

Picaboo - lay-flat archival paper albums start at $200, flush mount albums start at $400.

Adoramapix - photographic paper with no gutter, flush mount style binding. Their 8x10 books range from $30 - $140.

With both of these companies you can very easily make two page spreads from one image, which looks amazing.

I've made several books before with Picaboo, and I've just ordered a honeymoon photobook from Adoramapix. We'll see which company wins the wedding book :)

So yes - you can DEFINITELY make your own high quality photobook without spending anywhere near a grand! And I find it really enjoyable to spend the time designing the book :)
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly, I've made some albums myself and I've also seen what's available to photographer but not regular consumers.  There is no comparison.  I would never want my wedding album to be a cheap Picaboo album.

And the albums that photographers make aren't cheapies.  I'm getting my album at cost because my photog is also my MOH and best friend.  Her base prices are $600 for the album I want.  That's what SHE PAYS.  I'm giving her only $1,000 for it (including a design fee).  She sells this album for $3,000... which seems expensive but when you consider that this is her business and her livelihood and how much she's paying for the album... it makes sense!   Keep in mind in addition to getting the album you are paying for- their time and effort, the design, the images used in the album, and retail pricing.  But for a hand made raw silk eco-friendly album... it's worth every penny!  This album is GORGEOUS and I can't wait to flaunt it.

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP | Baby Due Late July/Early August 2013

Pregnancy Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards