May 2012 Weddings

*gpapale1* Shoe update :(

I ordered the pre-nopes, and my big feet don't fit in the biggest size the gunmental gray shoes comes in. I sent a pathetic email titled "It's me again, and I'm sad" to Jessica, and she suggested I look at the Twinkletoes or Knotty Girl shoe since it should compliment my dress.

FI and I agree that Knotty Girl should be rewearable (not as much as the pre-nopes but oh well), but I'm conflicted on color. He says get Platinum Dusk, but I really like the blue ones. What do you think? I think I'd feel better if I could think of more than one outfit I could wear the blue with.

Dress: http://www.casablancabridal.com/collections/view/28/387

Shoe: https://www.shopheylady.com/details.php?products_id=113&categories_id=

I'm also considering the purple pre-nopes b/c I love those shoes so much :/

Btw, the personalized letter that comes with the shoe - WOW! I can't believe how awesome the Hey Lady customer service is.
Anniversary

Re: *gpapale1* Shoe update :(

• Bummer! :(

I love that shoe in either color!  I see your dilemma, because both colors would work with your gown (which is GORGEOUS btw).  You could totally wear either color with a little black dress, skinny jeans and a dressy top, etc.  I love the blue, but I think I'm leaning a little more towards your FI's opinion...long term I think you'll probably get a little more wear out of the more neutral shoes.

They seriously have the most amazing customer service.  My shoes ended up being a little tight on my big toe, but my heel was slipping out a little bit, so it wouldn't have helped to go up a bigger size.  I contacted them to ask what I should do, and she told me to take them to a cobbler to get the front stretched...and that if I sent my receipt, they would reimburse me!  She also said they would reimburse me for foot petals (inserts that keep your feet from sliding forward).  HL is an amazing company.
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I think you two are right about the platinum. But Wow! Ok, my FI just gave his blessing on the purple pre-nopes which is a miracle beause that man does not like purple lol, but he agrees that it'd look good on me.

You have this shoe - do you see a lot of rewear potential? It seems like I could wear it more places because it doesn't look as formal as the Knotty Girl, is a darker color, and that strap is sexy on my foot haha. The purple doesn't "go" with my dress as well as the platinum or blue, but it does have kind of a regal feel, which I think goes with the dress... Or am I wrong?

But yeah, they told me about the reimbursement also! That was initially the plan for the grey shoes, but they're just way too tight. A cobbler can't help me there.
    Anniversary
  • I think I'll be wearing the purple quite a bit.  It goes with so many other colors, and they may become my dancing shoes if they deem themselves comfy enough. :)
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Mmkay, I'll have to think some more. It'd be ironic if I ended up getting the purple ones. I actually borrowed someone's purple high heels for my engagement shoot, and they were a HIT with everyone.

Anniversary
  • I love the shoes in your e-pic!  Purple does look good on you, girl! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards