Colorado-Denver

wedding dress shopping on a budget ($500)

I know that David's Bridal is a place to go if you don't want to spend too much money on you wedding dress. But I was wondering if there are any other bridal stores in Denver where  could find a dress for $500 or less?

And if someone had a great experience at David's Bridal, which one did you go to? I've heard only bad reviews about DB experience....

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: wedding dress shopping on a budget ($500)

• edited December 2011

DB is different for everyone. you might find something really great there

you might also try craigslist and pre-owned dress websites

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There are also a fair number of preowned boutiques around as well.    If you're ok with preowned try:

The Green Bride in Littleon (I loved this store- the lady was really nice and helpful. They had tons of beautiful dresses.)
    The Altar Consignment in Lakewood (Only alright but they had just moved.  Beautiful new space but they were still acquiring inventory in December.  They could be great now.)
    Eco Bridal in the Highlands- Never actually made it here for an appointment but it looks really cute.
  • edited December 2011
    Or you can rent your dress at  Bridal Budget Boutique. ( i think they also might have some for sale but i am not totally sure on that it's been a while since i went there)

I was going to Rent all of the dresses from them but we found some awsome sales we all decided to buy instead.

here is their address and number

7230 Meade Street
    Westminster, CO 80030
    (720) 974-1666

Their Website

http://bbb-weddings.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I was looking for a dress I was obsessed with checking the used wedding dress sites...Some of them are actually new dresses too.

Try www.oncewed.com or www.sellyourweddingdress.com

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    preownedweddingdresses.com is a great site to check out once you've decided on a style you like.
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine at AmandasBridal for $375
  • GabbygabGabbygab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought a DB dress for $650 and I love it.  I originally ordered one dress but changed my mind withing 2 weeks and they gave me a credit.  It depends on which store you go to.  I went up to Westminster - some of the consultants are just ok - bu there are others that are great!
  • edited December 2011
    I just bought my dress at Amanda's Bridal and Tux....I am getting married in 4 months and actually had bought my original dress (from somewhere else) almost a year ago. I had been thinking for some time that the first dress I bought just wasn't "the one". I saw a dress in a magazine a few weeks ago and knew instantly that was it.  I went to Amanda's and told them the whole story.  They were wonderful and even offered me an extra discount as I did have a budget (being that it was my 2nd dress) and they helped me stay within it.  Overall I had a really great experience.  They advertise that most of their dresses are between $200 and $1,000.  And from what I could tell there were plenty in your price range.  Good luck to you! Dress shopping is SO much fun! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • COkristiCOkristi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They have some bridal gowns at JCrew online and also in Dillards.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards