Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Glow-in-the-dark cotton candy

... anyone want to split a case of these with me? LOL

I'm seriously bummed, I saw this on Pinterest and it was such a perfect compliment to the candy buffet at our black, white and purple night time reception! The kicker? It isn't a DIY, it's a legitamte marketed glowing cotton candy stick that is only sold by 1 company for 1 quanity option... a case of 400 freaking sticks!!! I only need 90-100!! And I can't pay $500 to waste $300 + sticks :( I am so po-ed
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Glow-in-the-dark cotton candy

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012
    As cool as that sounds, I just don't think I would put glow in the dark anything in my body.  What do they use to make it glow in the dark?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_glow-in-the-dark-cotton-candy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:47c495e8-7691-4a52-b1ec-ceb5344f2e27Post:e82cc655-bcae-4869-96db-3e69c932afec">Re: Glow-in-the-dark cotton candy</a>:
    [QUOTE]As cool as that sounds, I just don't think I would put glow in the dark anything in my body.  What do they use to make it glow in the dark?
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

<div>The cotton candy itself doesn't glow, they use a lightstick instead of a regular cardboard stick to put the candy on so the cotton candy is lit up from the inside. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_glow-in-the-dark-cotton-candy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:47c495e8-7691-4a52-b1ec-ceb5344f2e27Post:f18c8d4d-0f40-4204-9d24-fa680a54e6dc">Re: Glow-in-the-dark cotton candy</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Glow-in-the-dark cotton candy : The cotton candy itself doesn't glow, they use a lightstick instead of a regular cardboard stick to put the candy on so the cotton candy is lit up from the inside. 
    Posted by coconut shrimp[/QUOTE]

<div>Have you looked into DIY?  </div>
  • If you could find a bride doing a carnival/circus themed wedding you might be set! 
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • I've looke dinto DIY but I'm kind of at a loss... I don't want to use a traditional glow stick because if someone bites into it, god forbid, even though they aren't toxic they do have glass in them (what makes them crack).

LOL yeah these would be good for a carnival style wedding but we're having a normal, semi-formal wedding and these are just going to be a fun pop at our candy bar/buffet.

I think I found an alternative, they're shorter glow "wands" that have that multi color setting or a color changing fade setting and we're goign to use those and do mini cotton candies (because the stick are only 8inches... but I figure it'll work well because no one is goign to want to eat a full sized one and if they want more thye go back with the same stick, and the kids will have fun with the sticks too)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • that aside I am sure there will be lighting at your wedding, it probably wouldn't get the chance to glow
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image
    My BFP Chart
    || Ovulation Calendar image #1 BFP May 24/2012 - EDD Jan 21/2013 - M/C May 31/2012 #2 BFP Feb 5/2013 - EDD Oct 16/2013
  • i would split it!! im having the same issue as you.. i only want like a 100, but we can split it!
  • I would keep looking for a DIY way... Why not find CLEAR and HOLLOW cotton candy sticks and then fill it with a glowstick or even the glow necklaces/jewelry.. I feel like that would give you the same effect!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards