Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Tattoo Cover

I know this is not a new topic at all, but I was considering using makeup to cover the tattoo on my back. My concern is that the strap of my dress goes right on top of the tattoo (it's spaghetti straps in the back and not nearly wide enough to conceal the whole thing), and I really don't want to get makeup on the dress. And also, how effective is the makeup? I don't want it to be obvious that I'm covering a tattoo. Thanks!
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tattoo Cover

• Why are you trying to cover the tatoo?
  • Macys used to make a cover up specifically for covering tattoos that doesn't rub off.  Don't know if they still do. I am curious too why you want to cover it? I have 2 tats that will show with my dress and 2 that my dress covers (on my legs) I am not concerned about them showing, they are a part of me, and it just is what it is, plus I like them both.  If you decide you do for sure, I would definitely go for a product that is designed to cover tats. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i talked to my makeup artist about this and she said no matter how good the product is it will still come off on the dress.  i have a tattoo between my shoulder blades that i love but  i am gettting married in a catholic church and am wearing a bollero out of respect.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not that I don't like the tattoo, I would just rather not have it in photos. But I guess since it's on my back it won't be that big of a deal. And I would rather have it showing than get makeup on my dress. Thanks for the advice!
    "Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love." - Albert Einstein
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i tried Kat VonD's stuff and didn't do nothin lol (sorry that wasn't helpful) but in the same boat and thought that if any worked hers would! oh well.. good luck! hope someone can help

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • I'm wearing a faux-fur shawl. also might talk to my seamstress about adding a strap or something to the dress, maybe something like this

save the date
    "Here we stand from two distant lands, brought together by His hand" <3 my Aussie <BR>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_tattoo-cover?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:0c107fc6-8ddb-4e67-ba83-35e52dde6a08Post:f51ab3d5-0b8e-409f-a32c-7666656c6570">Re: Tattoo Cover</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not that I don't like the tattoo, I would just rather not have it in photos. But I guess since it's on my back it won't be that big of a deal. And I would rather have it showing than get makeup on my dress. Thanks for the advice!
    Posted by TheKnittingJedi[/QUOTE]
    If all you're worried about is the photos, you should talk to your photographer and ask about the possibility/cost of retouching some of the photos to remove the tattoo.
    "Plus who needs a purse when you have a wedding dress? Those things are like walking hobo bags just waiting to be stuffed with surprise treasures." -Wedinator.com image
  • I'm also in the market for an effective cover kit for tattoos. Myself and two of my bridesmaids have some rather large tattoos on our upper backs that will show with a strapless dress. We of course all like the art however I feel this might be distracting as we come down the aisle and stand at the alter...needless to say I want all the attention on the events of the ceremony...not whose tattoo is the best :)

Any cover recommendations are greatly appreciated!
  • I'm in the same boat as you are. I have one on my upper right arm. A tribal band. I'm not embarassed by it or anything, I'd just rather not have it showing in my wedding pics. Lol. :) I'm tring to find something that works too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards