Colorado-Denver

Wedding Website Etiquette?

So my mother and I got into an argument about the wedding website.  She says posting it on Facebook means I have invited all my Facebook friends.  I think it's just a fun way to share the information.  Opinions?  Should I only tell people the link who we're inviting?

Re: Wedding Website Etiquette?

• edited December 2011
    I agree with PP. I made one just for my siggy/planning purposes and one for just my guest password protected. ( even thought guest can see both pages if they chose)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would say that only the people you are inviting get the URL

lots of girls post their website as part of the siggy here too for planning purposes

but if you have personal info-i would say the people you are inviting only

you could create a seperate website for fun that could be a planning bio that you could share with everyone
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Interesting.  Good thoughts.  Thanks Sakana.
  • mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Sakana. Include the info with your invites, and do a seperate planning one to share with everyone. Though, when you do that, you will probably open up the door to a lot of people asking or fishing for invitations, or giving opinions :)

It's like talking about it socially; the more you do, the more people expect they're invited, or their opinions matter. I keep it pretty close to the chest just to avoid all that :)

GL!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My gf just posted her wedding website on facebook and a few of our friends were upset they didn't get the save the date. I had to explain to them that I didn't think they were invited. Overall - awkward situation. I made my wedding website private for only my guests and had the address put on the STD's. I just didn't want everyone to know when and where  I was getting married and I certainly did not invite ALL my FB friends
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    My gf just posted her wedding website on facebook and a few of our friends were upset they didn't get the save the date. I had to explain to them that I didn't think they were invited. Overall - awkward situation. I made my wedding website private for only my guests and had the address put on the STD's. I just didn't want everyone to know when and where  I was getting married and I certainly did not invite ALL my FB friends
    - R&G - July 2, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Keep your wedding off of FB unless you are inviting ALL of you FB friends to the wedding. 
    You can start a FB group of all your friends who are invited to the wedding to share info if you want, but I would be annoyed if you flooded my news feed with TMI about the wedding. 
    So my ultimate advices is to skip wedding talk on FB, just send messages with the link to the website or a planning blog to people you want to share with.
  • GabbygabGabbygab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am keeping my wedding info private and not posting any info on FB so as to not hurt feelings in the event the person was not invited.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards