Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

In need of some help!

We are looking to book our photographer and videographer this week.  However, I like 2 different companies.  One to do video and one to do photo.  Does anyone forsee any issues with this?  Will they still work well together?  Let me know your thoughts/experiences.

Thanks!!!

Re: In need of some help!

• jessjones1989jessjones1989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd say that 99% of photographers and videographers aren't from the same company.  And both being professionals, you shouldn't have any problems.  Especially if you have them talk a few weeks beforehand via phone and discuss their styles.  Videographers tend to be more stationary and photographers move around more.  So they just need to figure out how to stay out of each others way.
  • photogbride12photogbride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is pretty standard - you're better off in my opinion hiring a company who just does photo and a company who just does video. That's what the specialize in. We're used to working with each other - I'd just maybe send each the other's email address and info so they can chat before the wedding and come up with a plan to stay out of each others way. If they're both professional they'll work fine together.
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is completely normal. Most companies will do one or the other as they are very very different mediums. I would be more hesitant to book a company that does both, because it is pretty likely that one of the two will be lesser quality than the other. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards