Nevada-Las Vegas

Wynn Room Rates Help!

So the discounted rate for our wedding at the Wynn next May is almost $300 a night. Any ideas for my guests somewhere to stay by the Wynn that is more reasonable or anyone know of any discount websites to book roooms?
Help!!

Thanks!

Re: Wynn Room Rates Help!

• edited December 2011
    Try smartervegas.com for coupons and best rates.
    It's strange though, I always receive email offers from the Wynn and they always around $100 per night (resort suites).
    Are you on their mailing list?
  • edited December 2011
    Then I would definitely rely on websites.
    Otherwise, I remember on another knottie's bio she mentioned that the Excalibur has very affordable rates for a strip hotel, it's not close to the Wynn though...
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not surprised by those rates for a holiday weekend, especially considering that they have the beach club and this year Memorial Weekend was their opening weekend so it will be the anniversary weekend. 

Like pp said, sign up for smartervegas.com unpublished rate emails and direct emails from Wynn/Encore.

Hotels in reasonable walking distance to the the Wynn are: The Venetian, Palazzo, Treasure Island, and Trump.  Close but either a ride or longer walk: Riveria, Sahara, Circus Circus, Hilton (off strip), Mirage, & Harrahs
  • edited December 2011
    I actually just received more info from the wedding planners at the Wynn. They understood regarding the rates and made great recommendations! They were so helpful with recommendations and accommodations to the needs of not only family members, but all of my different guests. I am so excited and so glad I am getting married at the Wynn!

They are great!

Thanks everyone for your input.
  • scr1982scr1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the recommendation to sign up for the Wynn's e-newsletter. The WCs provide a discount off of the rack rate, but the promotional rates that are often available are FAR more reasonable. We've stayed at both the Wynn and Encore for far less many times.
  • atlcatloveratlcatlover member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married at the Wynn and we were the only people who stayed there because the rates were high.  Our guests were all over the place, but the vast majority of them stayed at TI and it was perfect.
  • ajbratscajbratsc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha I just got my email from the Wynn as well and we can't afford to stay there either! I was expecting a better deal. Anyways we already booked suites at the MGM Signature through private owners! VRBO.com! We got great deals with no resort fee. I would look into that. The only time we will be at the Wynn is for the rehearsal/ceremony so we will just drive or take the tram down. Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown TickerVacation
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_wynn-room-rates?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:bc148ec9-8521-4063-9d51-015eb616f581Post:adaa1293-b174-4180-826d-25374079fc51">Re: Wynn Room Rates Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha I just got my email from the Wynn as well and we can't afford to stay there either! I was expecting a better deal. Anyways we already booked suites at the MGM Signature through private owners! VRBO.com! We got great deals with no resort fee. I would look into that. The only time we will be at the Wynn is for the rehearsal/ceremony so we will just drive or take the tram down. Hope that helps!
    Posted by ajbratsc[/QUOTE]

The Signature is excellent!

Just be careful, I have heard on several travel websites that sometimes housekeeping is not offered when booking thru a private owner. It probably depends on the particular owner.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards