Wedding Reception Forum

Reception exit

My fiance and I are having an outdoor reception.  We are trying to come up with a way to exit the reception in a cool way. Originally I thought of using sparklers since it will be dark but he insists not to. One of his friends wives wedding dress caught fire and the last wedding we went to with a sparkler exit had a explosion with pretty bad burns on one of the guests hands.

So my question is any suggestions that are unique ways to leave. I don't want bubbles or birdseed.
Thanks!

Re: Reception exit

• vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    We actually outlasted most of our guests since our reception lasted well into the night.

How about a final toast or thank you from the two of you and then smooch and then he picks you up and carries you out to a vigorous round of applause and cheers from your guests. 
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Caught on fire? Wow that sucks and is worst case scenario.. I think you'd be ok to do the sparklers and they would look great at night, have the guests stand a little further back if you are planning on having them hold them up for you to run under. Or dont run under them if that was your plan.

What about just a final dance to a goodbye song and exit.
  • I've never actually seen a "grand exit" from a reception.  I think it's generally one of those things that happens in old movies, but not so much IRL.

At both son and DIL's wedding, and DD and SIL's wedding, they were among the last to leave.  They were having so much fun that they didn't want to leave early for the sake of a photo opp.  So they stayed for the last dance of the night, and then we all headed on to home....hotel....wherever.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • We, along with our parents, were the last to leave.  I wanted to enjoy the reception as long as I possibly could.  We also had some decor and centerpieces to clean up and I think it would have been rude to stick someone else with this responsibility.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My fiance and I are renting a red corvette to make an exit with. We've got kind of a uniquely themed wedding and that was something that we thought would be fun. It'll be hid at either my house or his, and one of our brother in laws will drive it over, park in front, and away we'll go. Do something that is unique to you guys and ties in with your wedding!
  • Im sure FI and I will outlast some of our guests too so I dont have any grand exit ideas. I did want to do a final dance but during final dance  WP and close family holding sparklers around the outside of our dancefloor.....mostly wantng that for fun photos ;)

Could be cool.

What about those streamers if he is set against sparklers?
  • I was at a wedding in New Orleans and they exited with the Second Line.  It was pretty cool an very different (but I think sorta a New Orleans tradition).  They had this totally different music and the bride and groom danced around with a parasol and guests started creating a line behind her.  Everyone was hold either a cocktail or a tissue.  and then the line headed out the door to see them to their limo.  I thought it was cool.  We were trying to incorporate it into our wedding in Chicago since FH had lived in New Orleans for about 5 years.  If you go on Youtube I'm sure you can find examples of it.
  • lemkenlemken member
    First Comment
    we're making ribbon wands for both the ceremony exit and reception exit - I think it'll look cool :)
  • We're renting a classic car to make our 'get away', not quite sure though on the exit strategy to the car.  I like the idea of dancing out but not so sure that will fly, def interested in hearing what others might have.  My FI is not hot on the sparklers idea (I was) and I'm not so hot on the birdseed or bubbles, as I've seen them fall flat at other weddings.
  • I found a web site that has all kinds of light up things. There is one that is suppose to be a centerpiece but the guest could hold them or the have light wands. They are both fiber optic light and would be a cute alternative to sparklers and much safer! Here is the website http://www.flashingblinkylights.com/fiberopticcenterpiece-p-1698.html. Hope you like it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards