Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Am I crazy???

Hello there- and yes, i'm wondering if I am crazy...I am a professional cake artist...and I want to make my own cake or cupcakes..haven't decided. I've been told I'm crazy and don't need the added stress..but we have a guest list of 25 people..so its not a ton of work or a big cake. I just hate to pay for someone else's cake, when I know mine tastes good- lol....

so am I crazy? It may be that FI just doesn't want the added stress that tends to come with my cakes.  He said he would leave for a few days if I decided to do it. 

Re: Am I crazy???

• edited December 2011
    this depends entirely on you and your personality, if this feels like something you want to take on then do it, but only you can answer if it would be too much for you
  • edited December 2011
    How long will it take you?  Can you make a week/day of schedule that reasonable accommodates this time commitment?  IF you can - then go for it! 

I am doing my own flowers, I don't really see a difference. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go for it if you can manage it! 25 guests isn't a lot, so I imagine, since you do this professionally it will be a breeze for you!
  • edited December 2011
    It's really a question of time vs cost.  If you think you'll have the time to do it the way you want to, then go for it, but if having that block of time available to do other things will make your life easier, then do that.  How much of it can be done ahead of time?
  • edited December 2011
    I would think 25 cupcakes wouldn't be that difficult to do, but that depends on how much time you will have and all that.
    Amanda and Eric Gettin' married 10/10/10
  • melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We often have get-togethers and birthday parties that have more than 25 guests, and I often do gourmet/specialty cupcakes or desserts for them, myself, so you should be fine - particularly if you have an actual bakery/shop to use!
    10-10-10
  • Ashes_3Ashes_3 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now if everything doesn't go right, will you have a melt down? I think if you can enjoy making it, then do. If you can't, then don't!
  • cakegirl.73cakegirl.73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody! I'm planning on doing the cake or cupcakes now....I'll also have a backup plan as things get closer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards