Louisiana-Baton Rouge

torn between two venues and need help!

Hi ladies,
I am getting married this timeish next year and  am an out of town bride but a louisiana native. this is my second trip home to look at venues. I have narrowed it down to two but am really confused.
One is the gatehouse, it's gorgeous,well maintained has everything I need and the person I met with there was amazing and accomidating.
the second was highland porch. We want a victorian theme. and have always dreamed of  a tea party reception. This place has literally everything I've ever wanted. tea party menu, perfect setting, everything! except I have a huge dress and they have no brides room to get dressed and one very small single stall bathroom each for men and one for ladies.
I am concerned that it will take me a really long time in the bathroom because My dress is a ballgown, and that for sixty people the facilities will not be enough bathrooms for the amount of guests I have. Has anyone been to a wedding at highland porch? or considered using them?
thanks ladies

Re: torn between two venues and need help!

• edited December 2011
    I've never been to a wedding at Highland Porch, but one of my bridesmaids had her wedding at the Gatehouse.  It was very beautiful and everyone still compliments her a year later on how great her wedding was!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding at the Gatehouse in June. I am soooo thrilled. Laura and Christy have been incredibly accomodating (my mom calls at least a couple of times a month to ask questions, and they've been super-nice to her every single time).

I've been assured that they will do everything they can to make my wedding stress-free. Laura has even offered to tie all the little bows on my wedding favors.

They'll set up, clean up, and manage the entire event so my mom and I don't have to worry about anything.

Does Highland Porch include the things the Gatehouse does? That was a HUGE selling point for me, and I cannot imagine having to also research and book a DJ, baker, caterer, linens, and everything ON TOP OF what I've already done (florist, photographer, makeup). That has really saved me a big headache.

You have plenty of time. Hopefully someone else can give you info on Highland Porch, and you can really compare the two. Make yourself a pros/cons list and then really think about what aspects are most important to you.

But, I can tell you, every single time I have stressed about something or had a question or needed recommendations, Laura and Christy have been quick to respond and have really made me feel like everything is going to be perfect.

The peace of mind is so awesome.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies, I think the gate house is gonna be where we go. you guys gave me just the assurance I needed!
  • edited December 2011
    I really think the GateHouse would be perfect for 60 guests. And did you see the bathrooms? They're HUGE. Plus, the patio and courtyard area are just so beautiful and light up so nice in the evening.

I also like that the patio is covered and the roof extends to the gazebo. So, if it rains it's no problem! You still get to have your gazebo ceremony.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at The Gatehouse a year ago so of course I'm a bit bias :) It was the perfect venue for us. When I talk to family and friends, I STILL get compliments on how beaitful the wedding and reception was, and how delicious the food was.

If you go with the gatehouse, maybe look into Highland Porch for a bridesmaids luncheon or bridal shower. It would be perfect for either one.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Cherry0109Cherry0109 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding at the Gatehouse this weekend and I was very impressed. They did a beautiful job with everything and the food was delicious!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone! I am booked at the gatehouse for the evening of April 29th 2011!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, congratulations! It's such a relief to book a date, isn't it? Plus, so much is already done for you now! Laughing
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    absolutly! now I can do all the fun personalizing and details!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards