Snarky Brides

Fat Tuesday?

Any one getting wild tonight? 

I have wine. So that's fun.

ps- does any one celebrate Pancake Tuesday? My british CW was allll about it today. It sounds awesome.

Re: Fat Tuesday?

• Dont call me fat, whore.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I'm fat. Does that count?
  • FIne, but I will call you a slampig. The fat connotation is more subtle.

CEW - you're PHAT. whah-oooooo.
  • I dont know why you are asking me about Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday.  Like I care about anything that happens below the Mason/Dixon line.  ::flips hair:::
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:4aff4f61-93aa-4813-8704-e226f6b20afa">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I dont know why you are asking me about Mardi Gras and Fat Tuesday.  Like I care about anything that happens below the Mason/Dixon line.  ::flips hair:::
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>True, in Boston we are more ordered to appear for ashes tomorrow.</div><div>
    </div><div>I like to think South of the Border is a more accurate N/S delineation these days.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:36969c77-e784-460a-b3aa-d2f91191f50c">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fat Tuesday? : True, in Boston we are more ordered to appear for ashes tomorrow. I like to think South of the Border is a more accurate N/S delineation these days.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Oh please.  Anything south of Newton has no interest to me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Shrove Tuesday is a success.  Pumpkin and spice pancakes for dinner and we're doing ice cream with caramel sauce for dessert wile we watch The River.

No wine allowed but I do have a quart of Caramel Latte flavored milk calling my name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:b009955e-1ca5-42b2-b440-d9031a2d94ae">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fat Tuesday? : Oh please.  Anything south of Newton has no interest to me.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

<div>The Fairfield County hell I am living in begs to differ. They think they are the center of the universe and the metro is a magical line that take their men down south into "the city" to make them money.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:fe2f92f5-676e-454e-9eaf-4269a8084448">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Shrove Tuesday is a success.</strong>  Pumpkin and spice pancakes for dinner and we're doing ice cream with caramel sauce for dessert wile we watch The River. No wine allowed but I do have a quart of Caramel Latte flavored milk calling my name.
    Posted by anna.oskar[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes, this!! yummmmmm</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:b01c066b-d125-4982-9d92-253d3048cb12">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fat Tuesday? : The Fairfield County hell I am living in begs to differ. They think they are the center of the universe and the metro is a magical line that take their men down south into "the city" to make them money.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

I do not know of this state called "Connecticut" that you speak of.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had banana nut pancakes for dinner, with farmer's market sausages and eggs. So yummy. I love Pancake Tuesday. :)
  • I was scandalized to find out last week that adam had no idea what shrove tuesday/fat tuesday/pancake tuesday was. Either way, I was gonna make pancakes but I forgot to buy syrup on grocery day so we had pork chops instead lol
  • We were away with friends and pancakes just happened to be included in the breakfast spread. Our friend made a bananas foster style sauce to go on them that was fabulous.

We basically did nothing but eat and drink for 2 days straight.  Enjoying myself for a few days without stressing my calories was worth it.  I just ordered my Fitbit though so I am getting back on track.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Now I really want some pancakes for dinner.

Soooo, every one else's 'sort by most recent' is broken too right? It is pissing me off. Not that I expect it to work.
  • Its been broken for an aeon. Just be glad we arent getting missing timewarp posts today.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:517d3403-a1bd-4764-8769-adf3da365387">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its been broken for an aeon. Just be glad we arent getting missing timewarp posts today.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Ugh. Who is the hottie in your sig btw? Usually I know them.</div>
  • Chris Thile from the Punch Brothers. Im very much in love with him right now.
  • I'm enjoying my last alcoholic drink for 40 days. I realized today that it's a very good thing my bach party is in May because I would feel really shitty if it fell during Lent lol.
  • I would if I still lived in NOLA but no, I am not.
  • I celebrated Mardi Gras today, with as much abandon as someone could who was at work and can't have sugar. I had gumbo and cornbread and some Zapps potato chips. I just had 3 whole wheat tortillas for dinner though. We ran out of lunch meat and I can't eat cheese, so it was just tortillas. I know. Bad. 

All of you probably already saw the Mardi Gras Logic sign on my FB. Basically it was making fun of the people that stand in the Quarter with signs telling you to repent. Repentance is for Wednesday (I've seen that sign many times before). My friend took a picture of one today that said "If you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing". 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • hahah Sarah, yeah I saw that! I saw another one that said, "Earn them ashes!"
  • I don't like pancakes, I don't know what Shrove Tuesday is, and I have no idea how one celebrates Fat Tuesday (but at least i know what it is).  Unless you just eat and drink too much.  Then I get it.  And I'm not doing it. 

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • I DID have a Cadbury Creme Egg about an hour ago though, so I guess that's sort of celebrated, because I'm going to be severely sorry quite soon. 

• Well, I got my Thin Mints today, so I'm definitely feeling fat.
  • Dont like pancakeS?!?! Oh J... :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_fat-tuesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c7b14702-2c3c-4761-b741-96a062bdd4cePost:ab62a6f0-1ea1-46c5-a557-062d81f261c0">Re: Fat Tuesday?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dont like pancakeS?!?! Oh J... :(
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

I can't eat them now anyway, so it doesn't matter (in fact, it's probably better that I don't like them), but I just never cared for them.  They never tasted good to me.  I don't know.  Sorry :(  Ha!

• What about waffles? did you like waffles? Have you had your food allergy test yet, or just the environmental one?
  • I LOVE waffles.  SO MUCH.  I know they're pretty m uch the same thing in different forms, so I know that's weird.

I have my food test on Thursday, but my doctor said she's willing to bet a year's worth of salary that I'm allergic to wheat. 

• keep us updated, im interested to see how that one turns out. Fresh waffles are the best but I havnt had them since I lived in residence in college and ate breakfast in the cafeteria.
  • We have a waffle maker that we've used about....3 times, I think.  They are so awesome.  I found a pretty decent GF frozen brand that I like, and it's definitely not the same as fresh, but I'm far too lazy to try a bunch of different GF recipes for waffles right now.  Maybe someday.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards