African American Weddings

Hi Ladies, I am a Mrs. now! Non-pro wedding pics

The Kiss! Look at our Harvard Grad pastor looking sharp! (yes we can go to Harvard too!)

Wow!  We had a wonderful time in St. Thomas (my birthplace) and St. Lucia (honeymoon).  We could not have asked for better weather.  But can I tell you that it was pouring rain that morning.  My husband and I stayed in different hotel rooms and he told me (after the fact) that he was crying because of the rain.  He called our friend/pastor who we flew in for our ceremony and they prayed.  I remember asking my beautician and make up artist (who we also flew in) whether she thought the rain would stop.  After she arrived to my room, I Iooked out my balcony from my bed the rain was GONE and the sun came out.  

Our guests said that  our wedding was the best wedding they ever been to (sun, great food and great drinks will do the trick)  They loved the violinist for the ceremony and begged the dj for another selection after the reception was over.  

During the ceremony one of my friends from law school sang "At Last" and blew everyone away.  My 11 1/2 month old niece and flower princess walked!  She even began to sing along with my friend.  How cute!   I even danced a contemporary piece in loving memory of the my husbands parents at the end of the reception.  Their were  tears of joy! It is important to make sure your wedding is unique and that doesn't mean you have to spend every dollar in your bank account. 

Once I get the professional pictures I will post them.  I will also post a recap very helpful for the dw brides. 

Our wedding planner did an awesome job!

My Dad and I.

My flower princess!

My husbands Aunt and cousin.

Re: Hi Ladies, I am a Mrs. now! Non-pro wedding pics

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards