Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

pew end decorations? bows? flowers?

i'm sooooo out of money on my budget, but need to think about pew decorations for a small 50 person catholic church wedding.... do i need one on EVERY pew end.. if not, which pew ends? how many? flowers? bows? flowers with bows? diy? help help help!!!
send pics as well if you'd like!
suggestions please!!!

Re: pew end decorations? bows? flowers?

• stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are the decorations required?  The church I got married at was not the most attractive building (think glorified gym), that serves as a temporary church while money is raised to build a permanent church.  Anyways, I thought at first that I would need to include flowers or decorations on the end of the aisles and after considering how much time and money would go into it, it was not worth it.  So I didn't do any aisle decorations.

How long are you going to be at the church?  My ceremony (Catholic with no mass) was over in about 25 minutes and then we were out of there after pictures.  It just wasn't worth the time or money for me to put up decorations.  We did, however, get 2 tall vases and our florist came up with some nice arrangements.  We put them on the ends of the altar area so that they would be captured in any pictures taken, including our formals.

Just ask yourself if it is really worth spending the time and money. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    we will have a mass... i was thinking about just not having them as well!!! if you don't mind me asking, how much did the 2 vases arrangements cost?
  • stephl3055stephl3055 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't remember off the top of my head how much they were, since they were included in the price with all of our centerpieces and bouquets.  But if you wanted a cost-efficient alternative, I would just pick up some vases at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby and then go to Market Street (or a similar store) and pick up some of their fresh bouquets.  Then just make arrangements on your own.  You would have to get them the night before the wedding, but it would be very affordable. 

Also, check with the church and see if they expect you to leave the flowers.  Our church said that they would enjoy the flowers if we decided to leave them, but they also understood if we wanted them at the reception.  I've heard of some Catholic churches that expect that any flower arrangements that are used during the ceremony are to be left at the church. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did pew bows on the first three rows for family and special guests and then one every three rows after that. 

I say you don't need to do every row.  Maybe just the first two and then every other one for about the next eight rows.  Or you could just do the one where the parents will sit.
  • edited December 2011
    check out www.highfiredesigns.com or www.facebook.com/highfiredesigns

We provide high quality,  handcrafted, personalized wedding decor at a rental price!

For more information, email me at Amy@highfiredesigns.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards