Wedding Invitations & Paper

Save the dates?

Ok so my fiance and I are getting married in october of next year and he has family who lives in europe and i have family out of state but we also have a large amount of family who live not to far from us. when should we send save the dates out? i read everything from 4-6 months to a year in advance. and since i'm making them i'd rather not send everyones at different times. so when's a good time?

Re: Save the dates?

• I would say 10-12 months since you have family that live so far away. Then send invites 4-6 months in advance?
  • Actually, STDs go out  6-9 months in advance.

Invitations should go out no more than 12 weeks before the wedding - and 12 weeks is really pushing it.   It's really best to send invitations at the two month mark.

If you're getting married on a holiday weekend then you might want to send STDs slightly earlier but I still wouldn't send them a year in advance.
  • edited August 2010
    We sent ours out 10 months in advance for a US destination wedding. You don't have to send a save the date to every person invited. You can send out the save the dates to the out of country/other out of town invitees only. Most people recommend 6-9 months, I personally think up to a year is fine. Invites go out 6-8 weeks before the wedding (I did 9 weeks because I was antsy). 2 months is generally plenty of time for close by invitees to determine if they are coming and make arrangements.

If you want to send STDs to everyone, 6-9 months is probably best.

(I edited this since I am apparently tired and it didn't make sense when I read through it, sorry!)
  • I just sent out my save the dates and my wedding is April of next year....so 8 months earlier......
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards