Michigan-Grand Rapids

Help!! Problem in WP

I have a problem come up with our wedding party.  Before my FI and I got engaged, his best friend (and business partner) and my best friend started dating. 

It was so much fun, since we were always hanging out together.

Some things happened in the business (money...) and my FI felt it was time for him to get out.  He was able to get out and get part of his money back...  With that he does not was his ex-friend in the wedding and does not want him come anymore.  

Since my friend is dating him, how do I tell my friend he is not invited nor welcome at our wedding without causing any problems with us.  We have always said we would not let it affect us, but I can tell it has.  Since we don't EVER see each other.

Re: Help!! Problem in WP

• jleigh1902jleigh1902 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Technically it is rude to invite one person without their significant other. I understand what happened with the business was hard on the friendship. But if your friend is dating him he can't be that terrible of a person can he? I think you should all be able to be civil to each other for a few hours. If you invite your friend and tell her she can't bring her BF it may strain your friendship with her. I'd say invite both of them or neither.
  • edited December 2011

The thing is I NEVER liked him to begin with.  But was nice because he was my FI friend and my friend's boyfriend..

• AmoroAgainAmoroAgain member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-grand-rapids_problem-wp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:95Discussion:fc04039b-2f7f-4c0d-9861-c3f7a1bb80d0Post:4fd41be7-d489-4e32-8f9b-a0524dd79a53">Re: Help!! Problem in WP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Technically it is rude to invite one person without their significant other. I understand what happened with the business was hard on the friendship. But if your friend is dating him he can't be that terrible of a person can he? I think you should all be able to be civil to each other for a few hours. If you invite your friend and tell her she can't bring her BF it may strain your friendship with her. I'd say invite both of them or neither.
    Posted by jleigh1902[/QUOTE]

This exactly.  They're a unit now, and you can't not invite one without hurting the friendship with the other.  Just imagine how you would feel if someone invited YOU but not your FI? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards