Ohio-Columbus

Invites and DJ Recommendations

Ok so I'm just a bit behind. I need to to book a DJ and order invites. Any recommendations???

Thanks!
Bear

Re: Invites and DJ Recommendations

• edited December 2011
    As far as invites go I think Vistaprint.com is great! It's pretty inexpensive and you can always find a sale there. Also you can chose to go simple & just get your invites & RSVP cards or get literally everything (invites, rsvp's, maps, accomodations, menus, thank yous, etc) They have quite a few sets like that you can choose from. Hope this helps!
    Our baby! image Sadie
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We used Peabody Papers for invites and Jodi from Night Music for our DJ. Both were fabulous to work with. They listened to what we wanted, were reasonably priced, and delivered amazing results.
  • edited December 2011
    I got my invitations from www.etsy.com  the designer was JessicaDesignShop. Good Luck!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Vistaprint.  Definitely the way to go.  I designed my own and uploaded them or you can choose from their designs, and they have a bunch to choose from.  If you go with them, make sure you google Vistaprint coupons because you can ALWAYS find a 50% off coupon.

For a DJ, we went with Platinum Music Productions.  The owner's name is Justin Markle and my DJ's name is Zac.  I spoke with him and he seems like a cool guy who's not cheesy and won't pull people on the dance floor.  I can't stand that!  Everyone that's used them have nothing but good things to say.  They're $695 for 5 hours.
  • edited December 2011
    We did the DIY invites from Wal-Mart or similar places. We used CoopDog Productions for our DJ.
  • casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't decided on invitations yet but are using Ryan Smith as our DJ. Our wedding is still 6+ months away, so I haven't done a ton of work with him yet, but have heard nothing but good things about him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used Vistaprint for our invites....spent $150 for 200 invitations and RSVP cards.  They always have great deals. 

We are using Music Express for our DJ, can't tell you how they'll do, but they are a very affordable company.
  • loislane906loislane906 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Alternative Hitches for our invitations and all paper products. It was a little pricier, but everything turned out really pretty. I've gotten stuff from Vistaprint too and they do a good job. Also check out magnetstreet.com. They have pretty cheap stuff and it's a little more user friendly than Vistaprint. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had a friend design our wedding invitations and I'm not sure about printing yet.
    As for DJ, we're using Pete Donhour of Midwest Pro DJ. He was recommended to me by several other brides and DJ's in the industry. His Web site is http://www.midwestdjpro.djintelligence.com. It's more a client portal than Web site but it kind of gives you an idea for how organized and professional he is. I liked him too becuase he was in our age bracket and knew what our generation would be looking for.
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    music express for DJ - we shall see ;)

and for invites, I found a lady who works from home on etsy.  super affordable and custom design.  i'm really excited to see how they turn out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards