Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anyone else staying in tonight?

Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?

• OMG, you're at Lowery Park, Petal!  LOVE lowery park!
  • That's what I have been told too, mk. Watch is less scary than a warning.
  • J&K10910J&K10910 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:abcb148b-f24d-4cdd-9c02-ed11d0c87fae">Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For real though, J. We should rally the troops for a weekend in Fargo. J, my J, told me that since he's going to Canada this summer, that I should choose a weekend trip for myself.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

When I left UND, I promised myself I'd never go back to ND. 

I'll consider it.  JUST FOR YOU.  And fish.

And I'll only go if we can dance.  ANywhere.  Even in Fish's living room.  KNOTTIE GTG DANCE PARTY.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Watch = Watch out!  There might be a tornado!

Warning= We're warning you that there's a fucking tornado!

Your H is wrong.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:3a119475-d53c-4c41-958d-05e29e2e4dc0">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H argues with me and says watch is more dangerous than a warning. Hello? Warning means there's been a tornado spotted in the area no? Watch just means the conditions are right that they could possibly form a tornado.
    Posted by mkrupar[/QUOTE]
    You're right. A warning is more dangerous than a watch. A watch simply means conditions are favorable. A warning means get your ass into the basement.
  • You should!! I'm actually seriously thinking about it. I make a good driving companion. And fish and AATB probs make awesome people to visit.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:fd99a00a-3013-41f3-8ac0-582c77397b5d">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, you're at Lowery Park, Petal!  LOVE lowery park!
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

We LOVE the zoo! They have a 5K in the spring and fall and I try to participate. It's pretty cool to run through the zoo by the animals. My FB pic is me scared of feeding the giraffe there. You should come visit and we can go to the zoo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah he thought Watch was all Watch out! There's a tornado over there.

I'm going to MUNI's house for a Center Stage party.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:2e3e34a3-3bf1-435e-bd80-2702222eb463">Re:Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You should!! I'm actually seriously thinking about it. I make a good driving companion. And fish and AATB probs make awesome people to visit.
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

I could make the drive from here to Fargo in my sleep.  It would be nice to do it with entertainment.  Do you enjoy singing show tunes and Adele?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:432414a8-4ade-4bd8-bef2-e553efd52d4f">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah he thought Watch was all Watch out! There's a tornado over there. 
    Um, then what does he think a warning is? ;)
  • H proposed to me at Lowry Park.
  • Why did I think you went to Winona, J? Show tunes are awesome. I may or may not have the soundtracks of RENT, The Lion King, Aida, Dreamgirls, Fosse, Singin in the Rain, and others... Memorized...
  • I think the storms have passed here now (so look out Eagles, they're headed your direction), but in western PA we'd get tornado watches and warnings frequently enough that they don't really phase me all that much anymore.
  • Hello, I'm back. You ladies are certainly chatty tonight! FI is babbling about law so I'm trying to pretend I'm listening, but it's just so damn dull.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh and Wicked, duh.
  • I have no idea Wrigley. Not to mention watches are orange and warnings are RED. And everyone knows that RED means shiiiit's about to get real.
  • No luck on Center Stage.  

BTW, anyone know where I can rent a tv series anymore?  I want to watch Game of Thrones, but didn't want to spend $50 to buy it if I don't have to.  But seriously, where the eff can you rent tv series anymore?  Blockbusters closed, and RedBox and Blockbuster Express don't have them.  I don't have Family Video near me or anything else that i can think of.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Where the f did my post go? We're under a tornado watch? News to me.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:9e6261c7-230a-4184-807a-2d23a7fc1b14">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]H proposed to me at Lowry Park.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Aww. I like that. It's such a nice zoo.

Also, I don't think I pay enough attention to tornado watches and warnings. I just go about my regular business.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did go to WSU, MuSu.   I did a year in Grand Forks for a grad program, and H went to NDSU.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:432414a8-4ade-4bd8-bef2-e553efd52d4f">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah he thought Watch was all Watch out! There's a tornado over there. I'm going to MUNI's house for a Center Stage party.

<div>OMG.  I'm totally throwing a Center Stage party.  I have wine.</div>
  • I'm deatly afraid of tornados.

And railroad tracks. Not trains, just the tracks. Which is dumb. I take the train to work daily.

My family used to like to walk on railroad tracks near a park we would spend a lot of time at. I was always terrified a train was going to come out of nowhere and someone (mainly me) was going to have a foot stuck or something and get hit by the train.
  • H told me that no one pays attention to hurricaine watches or warnings.  Because we're dumb Floridians.
  • Oh, gotcha. Well perfect! Where did fish go! I wanna plan this.
  • Oh, and Rent is permanently in my changer.  It's my go-to solo road trip music, and I can sing the whole damn thing straight through.  I always feel bad for anyone that might catch me belting Out Tonight because it's my favorite, and I always pretend I can sing like a Broadway star when it's on. 

Spoiler alert:  I can't.

• I'm to new to tornado and hurricane warnings and watches to ignore them yet.  But even the thunderstorms missed me.  I just got a little bit of light rain.  Now I'm pissed i brought the umbrella in off my lounger on the deck because now I gotta carry it back out.  The fvcker was expensive though, I wasn't have the table on it break.  

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anyone-else-staying-in-tonight-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:2f52b878-41d4-4372-9302-5e503a5cab6dPost:4cf3e257-c652-4929-a0d4-28d15d93d3a6">Re: Anyone else staying in tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Anyone else staying in tonight? : OMG.  I'm totally throwing a Center Stage party.  I have wine.
    Posted by MyUserName1[/QUOTE]

I think we should wear tutus and pointe shoes.
  • strlzfan11strlzfan11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2012
    I like a good summer thunderstorm as well, Eags.

ETA: As long as they don't happen while I'm at camp because that really puts a damper on evening activities.
  • JK Rent is totally my, "I've got 6 hours in the car, what music will make me totally forget two of those?" soundtrack.
  • I just recently learned that places have sirens for warnings.

I'll go with the dumb Floridian thing. I think we are used to having storms and hurricanes that when one is actually serious, people don't hurry to get to safety since the majority of the time it isn't that big of a deal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards