Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

I need a bustle and alterations

Hey ladies,
  I tried to get Alfred Angelo in North HIlls to do my alterations and bustle since I bought the dress there but they only do them on Wednesday and Thursday which aren't going to work for me since I'm in Maryland.  I'm looking for someone who does alterations on the weekends?  Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd like something close to North Hills, but I'm willing to go anywhere within 20 minutes of town.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I need a bustle and alterations

• phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey,
    I haven't gotten mine done yet, but I would recommend Michael's Bridal Galleria-it's in the Pines Plaza Shopping Center right on Perry Highway. FMIL works part-time there, that's how I got to know fo the shop in the first place and it's also where I bought my dress from. I'm planning on having my alterations done there in June. She swears by the work that the owner (Yolanda) does, says they're top knotch. Prices might be higher than some (don't quote me on that), but I do know for out of town brides, she will do alterations on Saturdays after the store closes.

Phone # (412) 366-1811
     HTH!
    Julie
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Michael's Bridal Galleria! I got my BM dress for my cousins wedding there (my cousin got her wedding gown and alterations there too) and they did all of the BM dress alterations. They did FABULOUS work!! :) I don't remember the prices (it was a few years back) but they definitely do great work.
  • edited December 2011
    I had alterations done at Michael's for a wedding I was in a few years ago. I thought Yolanda did a good job.

However, I recommend Clarissa's in the Southside. Not sure if their seamtress is in on the weekends, but it cannot hurt to call and ask.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards