Georgia-Savannah

Temple Mickve Israel

Good Day Ladies,

I was wondering how much people paid for this ceremony site and what was included?

Does anyone have any indoor ceremony site suggestions?

Thanks for all the help

Re: Temple Mickve Israel

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My SB used it, but they had to go through a few pre-marital sessions with the Rabi.  I'm not sure what they paid to use it.  The Temple is beautiful. 

I always recomend the Wilmington Island Club.  Great venue.  You don't have to be a member, but members get priority over non-members. 

There are several ballrooms at the Hyatt, Westin and Mariott that are great for a ceremony/reception. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • asegalasegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for responding

I actually fell in love with Vics for my reception but now I am lost on a ceremony site?  I cant do outside because I have some highly allergic guests.  Any other suggestions for ceremony sites?
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?
  • edited December 2011
    When is the wedding? Spring?

Are your guests allergic to the pollen/mold spores outside? I get allergies every fall and spring, but I get it regardless of how much time I spend outside (which I work 8 hours a day inside). I think that if your wedding is in the spring in Savannah and someone is allergic to pollen, they are going to have symptoms regardless.  Basically what I am saying is that it is unavoidable down here and having a 30min ceremony outside shouldn't make a difference. I would imagine that guests would spend time outside anyways, as Savannah is a beautiful city with many things to do, most of them being outside. If your wedding is like next summer, then you have heat issue and I do not reccommend outside.

If you are Jewish I would reccomend the temple. If you are open to other churches, there are many of them downtown. You could always do one of the hotels iluv mentioned. I think the Mansion on Forsyth has some sort of space, then again that one may be outside under a tent. They have a ballroom though. There's also the Telfair Museum.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Also I think the Marshall House has a really neat indoor space as well.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    My issue with the Mansion is the space they use.  It is outside.  The swimming pool is on the other  side of a glass wall and people are allowed to swim in it while your ceremony is going on.  They do have a ballroom, but I wouldn't use it for a wedding unless you have 50 people or less.  It can get cramped.  I'm also not a big fan of having a wedding in a former funeral home parlor. 
    Look into the Hilton Desoto.  They have several beautiful spaces. 
  • asegalasegal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all the great advice!

I am 75-100 guests but everyone is traveling!!!  We are thinking late spring April/May but I am allergic to bees so we have to becareful on outdoor locations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards