Wedding Etiquette Forum

Sunday Evening

Re: Sunday Evening

• edited July 2012
    The new Bridezillas doesn't come on until 10 for me. I will not be staying up that late. I thought new episodes used to come on at 9.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kelly, I wouldn't be caught dead trying to cut that bush down.  I'm terrified of wasps and bees.  I am reduced to a 5-year-old when I see them anywhere near me.  
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We didn't do an album for either of our parents.  Neither one ever look through albums they have.  It seemed pointless.  Instead, we got them a 8"x10" and matted and framed it.

Both sets of parents have them hanging in their living room :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:53c8880c-aa6f-43c2-be1b-8f9772e92c10">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm here icing my knee. We ordered FIs wedding band today so one more thing off the list is done. I need to go grocery shopping later but Bridezillas sounds like more fun.

Eta I almost forgot, Liz how is your mom doing?
    Posted by Dot Dash[/QUOTE]

My mom? She's fine today. We has a nice chat about her MOB dress.
  • I just finshed making mac n cheese in my rice cooker.  It was pretty tasty but really filling.  We are also watching netflix YAY!!!!!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can check locally for a professional print house. There usually is a difference in the quality of paper.

In a different life I did some professional photo work - art type stuff and DH is a graphic designer. I don't know where we'll have our photos printed. We weren't happy with the Walmart prints of November's photo shoot, but haven't investigated any pro print places at this point and the print houses we knew of way back when are out of business.

I don't know that there would really be a noticeable difference in a scrapbook, but I think there is at the larger sizes due to the printers and the paper.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:2bf36075-2a7e-4dba-a6d6-d0e511650fc2">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just finshed making mac n cheese in my rice cooker.  It was pretty tasty but really filling.  We are also watching netflix YAY!!!!!  
    Posted by amorg334[/QUOTE]

How do you do Mac n cheese in a rice cooker? I love Mac n cheese. My thighs don't but my tummy does.
  • Hope your kitty is okay Kelly! You're a brave woman cutting the bush down, I wouldn't touch that with a 10' stick. Or a 10' pole saw. I'm terrified of bees, wasps, or anything that stings.
  • Bacon and water for wasps, eh? I'll have to try that.  Our holly bushes (which I despise) attract wasps like crazy. This is why FI trims them.  I am deathly afraid of wasps and bees.
  • Okay, my friend just left. She seems really interested. She didn't bring the baby which was disappointing, but understandable. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:5ccbe83c-de6a-41a9-a977-f365df5db762">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]To lure the wasps away you can hang bacon with a bucket of water underneath. The will eat the bacon until they are so full they fall into the bucket and drown. I know gross but it works. Also at night they will go into their hive so cutting the bush after dark will be a lot easier. Steffi I blew it out last year and reinjured it last weekend. I'm going to call the doctor for an appointment tomorrow because it's been a week and it's not getting better really. Eta Liz I thought I remembered you saying she was in the hospital a short while ago.

<div>
    </div><div>Yep, she had the halo removed from her knee fusion. She's been in and out of the hospital so many times in the last two years, they all sort of blend together.</div><div> </div><div>Thanks for asking!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:3a97903f-73d4-4602-94e0-640a3600cb4f">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : How do you do Mac n cheese in a rice cooker? I love Mac n cheese. My thighs don't but my tummy does.
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

<div>I used heavy cream, little shells, a little bit of water, and different loose cheeses and mixed them all together and put them on the boil simmer for about 20 minutes until the noodles were soft and everything was melted and delicious.  Very filling though.  </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:0d460c11-0e1c-4df5-a480-366a1663fd9a">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : I used heavy cream, little shells, a little bit of water, and different loose cheeses and mixed them all together and put them on the boil simmer for about 20 minutes until the noodles were soft and everything was melted and delicious.  Very filling though.  

<div>
    </div><div>That sounds yummy!</div>
  • KJB, I hope your cat is okay!

I am also not a fan of any kind of stinging insect. We had an enormous bee (or possibly hornet) get in the house not that long ago and I almost died when I saw it. Luckily, my mom was able to get him out the window without getting stung. I wasn't attempting it.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just goes to show, nothing can resist bacon.
  • We have a bush that they gravitate toward during certain times of the year. I just told FI the trick and he asked if turkey bacon worked too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, Bridezillas IS 10 eastern 9 central.

FI just brought me a perfectly brewed cup of coffee. Community Coffee New Orleans Blend...so yum.
  • yeah i thought they'd mostly be gone by now.  there were only 2 or 3, but i'm sure all their little friends were nearby.  The landscaping boys are going to show up to a surprise tomorrow when they get here.  i'm gonna go back out once the sun sets
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:1311f2b9-ae89-48a6-8af5-744102231e66">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : That sounds yummy!

<div>It is super yummy.  I really enjoying trying to make alot of things in my rice cooker.  I really want a pressure cooker to see what I can accomplish </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:7b8b34b0-5b21-41c1-9f28-ec43327e1faf">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Liz has anyone ever told you that you look a lot like Rene from Mob Wives? Glad your mom is doing well. Eta ya it's an old trick I learned camping as a kid. We used to hang a few strips from a fishing hook in a tree on the outskirts of the site. That way all the yellow jackets and wasps would be lured over there and away from us. My mom is allergic to bee stings.

<div>
    </div><div>No, I've never been told that. I've never caught Mob Wives.  Is it good?</div>
  • There's a can of that wasp spray that sprays 25' in each house and the barn. In the winter I keep one in my car. I'm not life or death allergic, but when I get stung wherever it is will swell badly.

Dot - I hope the knee is okay. I've torn my LCL/MCL three times now in my right knee. They've talked surgery once, but I'm too chicken and not in enough pain yet. I'm sure my time will come.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:52d45cb9-d135-452f-97ef-e43d7f28a30a">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : It is super yummy.  I really enjoying trying to make alot of things in my rice cooker.  I really want a pressure cooker to see what I can accomplish 

<div>
    </div><div>Do you have a crock pot? If not I highly recommend them. I LOVE my crock pot.  I did the beans for tonights dinner in the crock pot.  I use the thing at least once a week.</div>
  • Hello! We got home a little bit ago from my dad's Surprise 50th BBQ. It was fun, but he came home too early so he figured out the "surprise." Fun, still anyway! We got back lots of Tyra's stuff, including her ashes. My mom surprised us with a paw print clay gift. We cried in the car for 10 minutes, on our way home.
  • Bridezillas is my favorite <3!  But I'm avoiding watching it tonight because my mom and I have a date to watch it tomorrow night on demand together.  We have strange mother daughter traditions...

I made dinner tonight and FI is suppose to clean up... still waiting for that to happen... But there's a Yankee Red Sox game that's distracting him :)

We're doing parent albums, but that's included in our package.  We do have buy the images separately though, which we'll probably do.  We loved the engagement pics so much, that we'll probably want all the wedding pics.

Angel- from earlier- I never like how people do my makeup.  It never looks like me either!  I'm planning on doing my own hair and makeup for the wedding because I just like how I do it better.

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:aa7f1905-5d7b-42f4-8da3-191f02302d86">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : No, I've never been told that. I've never caught Mob Wives.  Is it good?
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You do look like her... it's one of those super drama filled shows, so if you're into that, you'd like it.  Lot's of women screaming at each other- like the Real Housewives but with more criminals. 

</div>

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:e068acff-f0c5-43b0-8d36-83d84606c68f">Re:Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello! We got home a little bit ago from my dad's Surprise 50th BBQ. It was fun, but he came home too early so he figured out the "surprise." Fun, still anyway! We got back lots of Tyra's stuff, including her ashes. My mom surprised us with a paw print clay gift. We cried in the car for 10 minutes, on our way home.
    Posted by Nickivegan[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>A<a href="http://www." rel="nofollow">www.</a></div><div>
    </div><div>I'm glad your dad had fun!  </div><div>
    </div><div>It was sweet of your mom to do the print.  </div>
  • Amorg - My mom loves her pressure cooker and uses it often. I'm afraid I'd blow the kitchen up with one.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:8496c5d9-099d-45c6-a1eb-6cb4ab2af1c1">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : Do you have a crock pot? If not I highly recommend them. I LOVE my crock pot.  I did the beans for tonights dinner in the crock pot.  I use the thing at least once a week.

<div>
    </div><div>We actually had a homemade stew in the crockpot the other night.  I have been cooking with one since I was a teenager.  They are amazing as well </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:079f6e97-27be-4872-a0b5-eee05a3994ee">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sunday Evening : You do look like her... it's one of those super drama filled shows, so if you're into that, you'd like it.  Lot's of women screaming at each other- like the Real Housewives but with more criminals. 
    Posted by melb2013[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'm going to have to check it out, then.  I love drama filled shows. They make me appreciate the lack of drama in my life.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_sunday-evening-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f76cda5b-d520-4148-92b0-1c8e0d6ea559Post:5ccbe83c-de6a-41a9-a977-f365df5db762">Re: Sunday Evening</a>:
    [QUOTE]T<strong>o lure the wasps away you can hang bacon with a bucket of water underneath</strong>. The will eat the bacon until they are so full they fall into the bucket and drown. I know gross but it works. Also at night they will go into their hive so cutting the bush after dark will be a lot easier. Steffi I blew it out last year and reinjured it last weekend. I'm going to call the doctor for an appointment tomorrow because it's been a week and it's not getting better really. Eta Liz I thought I remembered you saying she was in the hospital a short while ago.

Wow, bacon really does fix everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards