Wedding Etiquette Forum

Anybody else get this crazy vendor (?) message in their private messages?

Hello, Thank You for reading and for your help!

Hi ski2play,

My name is Catherine and I’ve been a member of The Knot’s community for a few months now and really am admiring the integrity, support and honesty of the brides writing on various boards (probably my favorite place is Chit-Chat). I hope you don’t mind me writing to you personally and asking your opinion and help in a matter I am going to explain in a minute.

Why you? Because I have the impression from reading your posts that you are active, supportive and open to people and although we don’t know each other or haven’t really met on the forums yet - I thought that you might be willing to share your thoughts with me on a the subject of weather for weddings.

I’m writing to you with this: my younger brother and two of his friends have this idea of a site for brides and their bridesmaids – www.weddingsandweather.com. Since I’m at home now raising my two lovely kids and at the same time I am a part of the Bridal community I offered my help to them (of course, I’m not doing this for money) to verify their idea before they go further with it, to see if brides like this concept at all.

Anyway, they want to create a website, where brides planning a wedding and stressed about the rain or wind spoiling it could “design” their perfect day, write and leave a prayer or just a wish to create some positive thoughts and feel better, in hope that they will have perfect weather for their wedding day. If the Brides wanted to, they could ask their family and friends to leave their words of support, so they could return to them later in a time of need, when feeling overwhelmed with the wedding preparations. My brother’s thinking is that you don’t risk anything, and that staying positive and finding support in times when you feel the preparations are a bit too much can only help. A wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime event (hopefully), a great emotional experience and hopefully brides would want to visit such a site and find it supportive. Would you…? I know that they plan to support a charity of the brides choice as a means of saying THANK YOU for your involvement and positive energy. The idea is explained a bit more on the site.

I realize that the idea is new and original, that is why your honest opinion matters so much.

If you like this idea, there is a heart shaped button you can click on the site saying VOTE HERE. You can of course also let me know in your own words what you think by replying to this message. Or, if you feel I am asking to much, just ignore my request. In that case I apologize for taking your time and thank you for reading so far. I’m only asking for your opinion this one time and promise I won’t be bugging you more so unexpectedly.

So, summing up – please visit the site and if you like it – click the VOTE HERE heart-shaped button, or fill out the contact form on the site or write to me. That’s it. Thank you so very much!

I wish you all the best,

Cahterine

PS. Your positive opinion is as important as any constructive criticism!

Posted: 03-13-2012 at 7:49 AM
 |  Report  |  Quick Reply

I tried to report it but it says "skin not found".  Really not sure what that means.  I believe one of the boards (snarky brides?) had this topic on it recently and the cukoo alarms were sound then. 

CN:  Crazy message in my private messages asking my opinion on a website where you could ask for prayer for a nice wedding day.

Re: Anybody else get this crazy vendor (?) message in their private messages?

• Yeah I didn't get that.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Nope. Just lucky you! ;)
  • Jeebus that's long!
    Lizzie
  • I didn't get one, just you ski.  Apparently you need to harden up on your posting style because you've been identified as someone too positive :)

Also, this is a stupid idea for a website.  I, however, wouldn't doubt that there would be some brides that use it and force their wedding party into writing words of encouragement or face getting kicked out. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Nope.  Someone has a stalker, and it's not me!
  • I remmeber that too Edie and she got all butthurt when people said she was a vendor and that this was a stupid idea.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lucky me.  I went into her posting history.  Screen name is Catherinedee and she is the one who posted about it in Chit Chat.  She said it was her friends ideal that time rather than her young brother and two friends. 

I, Yi, Yi,

Eagles,  I thought doing Vodka shots to the sun gods is what brought on nice weather for weddings.  I know I have been doing a boatload of them in anticipation!

Julybride, Harden up my style it is.

So biotches who should I go after first?

• I got this too!  I'm taking it as a sign that I post on CC too much.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anybody-else-get-this-crazy-vendor-message-in-their-private-messages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47233db5-578d-4bf6-af77-bd76239dca6dPost:7d11729e-0ca1-4d7f-82ed-e4d92cd39234">Re: Anybody else get this crazy vendor (?) message in their private messages?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Clearly God will only hear your nice weather prayers if you post them on a website.  Duh. 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

Well of course.  He's got the biggest WiFi network after all.  XD

Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend. - Andrew Futral

• Yup, I got this, too.
    Anniversary
  • Bay, is there another way to report CatherineDee to the Knot Gods?
  • I was finding this amusing, then I went to my PMs and there it was. Ugh! I guess I should feel included. Or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Everyone who got that unsolicited message can report it from the PM page.  You can also email moderators at theknot.com.
  • She posted about this on the Outdoor Weddings board a few weeks ago. Guess she decided since no one there thought it was a good idea to spam PM people instead. Lovely. 
  • I got the same thing!!!
  • I just checked my PMs and I have it too.  And I don't think I've ever posted on CC.  
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Ha, I just checked to see if I had it and found this PM instead:

Your a *** and I can see how long your marriage will last cause you think you are perfect.  Good luck you will need it.

Guess I offended someone, whoops!

Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got it too :s.
    Raes, I'm sorry that you got a mean msg, but it made me smile :). Some people :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_anybody-else-get-this-crazy-vendor-message-in-their-private-messages?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:47233db5-578d-4bf6-af77-bd76239dca6dPost:51f1aac0-296a-40ec-b9a1-756676eef9ad">Re: Anybody else get this crazy vendor (?) message in their private messages?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ha, I just checked to see if I had it and found this PM instead: Your a *** and I can see how long your marriage will last cause you think you are perfect.  Good luck you will need it. Guess I offended someone, whoops!
    Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

Haha nice Raes
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yeah, got it too. 

What a stupid idea.  I did the same thing as burnt.  I thought that was easier than praying, actually.

Generally the only unexpected PMs I get are from people who read the beauty forum. 
  • I just got that message too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards