Missouri-Kansas City

Where are you/did you take your engagement pics?

We're going to be taking ours next month and are trying to get ideas. 

Re: Where are you/did you take your engagement pics?

• Are you looking for indoor or outdoor?
  • We did a combination of things...

Action pictures at College Basketball Experience since we are both avid sports fans.
    Lovey Dovey romatic pictures in near river bank/RiverMarket with lots of trees/bushes in background.
    Edgy and artistic photos at 18th & Vine; outside store fronts and buildings with a lot of texture and color.

Our photographer was Matt Frye of One Tree Photography and he was amazing to work with!  onetreephotoservices.com
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • We took ours at The Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Memorial Garden, 4800 Rockhill Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64110.  beautiful park.garden!
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    we did ours at liberty memorial
  • edited February 2012
    We haven't done ours yet, I want to wait until April-ish when there are nice colors outdoors. We are getting save the date pics in about a month and I think we are going to do it at our venue, Peeper Ranch. They have a pond with fountain, a gazebo, and pastures with horseys! It's open to the public, so you can go in at any time.

If we don't do that, we are going to do a sports theme. We both love Royals so maybe at Kauffman Stadium, or in Manhattan. We met there and graduated there, so I would love to go back and take pics. If we do end up there, we will probably just do some of our EPs there and more here where our photgrapher can do them.
  • Thanks for the ideas ladies!
  • We took ours at the Plaza and Union Station.  Our photographer did an amazing job.  Looking forward to working with her for the ceremony.

You can view our engagement pictures at http://jesseblacklawphotography.zenfolio.com/p501070712

Springtime at the Plaza will be beautiful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We took ours at a couple places and buildings around downtown kc. Although my favorite pictures came from Loose Park. <3'd them! Although any park will work for making good pictures :)

• One of our friends is a photographer, so she just followed us around for a day.  We went all over- We did formal pictures at the plaza and Nelson-Atkins Museum/Bloch Building (the frosted glass of the Bloch building makes for a great background!) and more casual photos at Union Station and Liberty Memorial.  The Crossroads district cacn make for some really funky, quirky and colorful photos-I think this segment was our favorite.  We also did a few in our Jayhawk tees at KU :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards