Getting in Shape

Cutting weight - Trimming Down... Tone up with Lisa Thomas Personal Trainer

Great 10-Minute Make It happen - The key to burning calories during short workouts is to crank up the intensity and work harder than usual. To burn more calories in a short amount of time, this doesn’t mean you have to sprint, just run a bit faster than normal. If you speed walk just walk as fast as you can without breaking into a run or walk at a challenging incline. One thing I tell my clients is to find the stairs at work and on your 10 minute breaks walk the stairs then run a flight than walk a flight, and keep alternating. I enjoy interval workouts as you will see below I have put together a variety of moves for an intense workout. This workout is a great way to get your heart rate up in a short period of time. Jumping jacks Jogging in place - lift your knees and pump your arms to get your heart rate up Plyometric lunges - Begin in a basic lunge position. In an explosive movement, jump, switch legs in the air and land with bent knees into lunge Ski hops - with feet together, jump from side to side, landing with knees bent. The wider you jump and the lower you squat into the jump, the harder you'll work Jump rope – you can pretend you have a jump rope and move your arms as if you had a ropeSkipping – Let yourself be a kid, but it might be harder than you remember Step jumps - Stand in front of step or platform and jump onto it, landing with both feet together or a staggered landing. Step down and repeat Squat hops - Stand with feet wide, lower into a squat and hop forward 4 times, keeping feet wide, legs bent into squat. Walk backwards or jog backwards and repeat Make sure you warm up with some light walking or marching in place and do a quick cool down and try to stretch when you are all done.Time is limited and you only have 10 minutes for lifting weights, hit your large muscle groups to get the most out of your workout. Slow your reps down, try 4 counts up, 4 counts down to really challenge your muscles; squeeze and contract them. Even if you cannot get into the gym you can do them while you watch TV at home, after work or whenever you can find the time. Try these moves: wall ball squats, lunges, deadlifts, pushups, and tricep dips. If you do not know these moves you can look them up or email me and I can give you them in more detail.

Want more help contact me....Lisa Thomas
www.lisathomasfitness.com
[email protected]
413-426-5543

Re: Cutting weight - Trimming Down... Tone up with Lisa Thomas Personal Trainer

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards