Not Engaged Yet

Our STDs came in!

And they look great, especially considering how little I paid for them.  Vistaprint, I approve of your service.

But we're going to hold out on sending them for a while because we might be making some significant changes to our wedding scenario.  So they're just sitting in a box on the table and mocking me.  It's kinda sad.

That's really all I've got for this post.  It's a pointless waste of bandwidth.

Re: Our STDs came in!

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    YAYA! 
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Liv - What aren't we thinking about changing?  We're considering downsizing or postponing, or just eloping altogether.  Basically, neither of us is happy with the way things are shaping up so far, and I'd rather not spend all that money on something neither of us really wants.  We could put a down payment on a house instead.

*shrug*
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Hey at least if you change stuff and have to do new STDs, you didn't spend too much money on the first set! So, it could be worse. Right? Stay positive! *hugs*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• peekaboo2011peekaboo2011 member
    edited December 2011
    You're just a horrible waste of space.  Just kidding. You know I <3 you

Why are you changing your wedding?  I thought it was perfect.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:a583e548-45f8-445d-b0b0-027196b555ea">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey at least if you change stuff and have to do new STDs, you didn't spend too much money on the first set! So, it could be worse. Right? Stay positive! *hugs*
    Posted by desertsun[/QUOTE]

Definitely!  I'm just really happy with the way they look and want others to see them, so watching them sit on the counter is kind of a bummer.

But things will work out for the best, I'm sure.
    edited December 2011
    You can send them out to us Elle then you can feel better!
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Raven.  Send them to us!  Although, I might expect an invitation after... JK.  :)
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:509badcf-1bfc-40e4-8876-b2031b6114c5">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our STDs came in! : Yes! Any particular reason you're thinking about changing things?  
    Posted by yaga13[/QUOTE]

Yeah...  I don't want to go into it in too much detail (it could get really long), but we're just not happy with the way things are shaping up.

I've been completely alone (except for you ladies) during the planning process and it's made me realize that I only really wanted this big wedding in the first place to help me feel included in my family... which, I know, is just not going to happen.

So I'm just starting to think that there are better uses for this money we've set aside and we should just elope on our next vacation.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:a9537863-edb6-4286-828f-af7d84e50740">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our STDs came in! : Yeah...  I don't want to go into it in too much detail (it could get really long), but we're just not happy with the way things are shaping up. I've been completely alone (except for you ladies) during the planning process and it's made me realize that I only really wanted this big wedding in the first place to help me feel included in my family... which, I know, is just not going to happen. So I'm just starting to think that there are better uses for this money we've set aside and we should just elope on our next vacation.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]
    <p class="MsoNormal">You could elope on our private cruise.... Just saying.</p>

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    And yeah, I think I'm going to send them out to a bunch of you to make myself feel better.

If I can see your address in elfster, you're probably getting one.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:1f842047-a8c1-4e20-b7ef-297d95848273">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our STDs came in! : You could elope on our private cruise.... Just saying.
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

Ha!  Yes!
  • SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:ed68d6fa-d10c-4f57-a247-47ce481daf86">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And yeah, I think I'm going to send them out to a bunch of you to make myself feel better. If I can see your address in elfster, you're probably getting one.

Awesome!  If you can't see my address, let me know.  :)
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd love a STD.  But I tend to err on the side of "ELOPE!"  It is SO much money to have a wedding. O.o
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:c896c5d9-dc82-4713-b46c-fa422505b7ef">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd love a STD.  But I tend to err on the side of "ELOPE!"  It is SO much money to have a wedding. O.o
    Posted by becunning2[/QUOTE]

It is a crapton of money, but I'd rationalized it until recently by telling myself that I'm paying to supply a good time for a lot of people.

Now I realize that nobody cares.

I mean, I already knew the whole "nobody cares about your wedding as much as you do" thing was true, but I think that goes to a whole new level among my friends and family.  My mom wasn't willing to skip watching Dancing with the Stars to go shoe shopping with me (after I spent 8 hours helping her look for her MoB dress) and my very best friend isn't sure she can get off work for the wedding.  That's just a small sample of the ridiculousness I've been dealing with.
    edited December 2011
    *hugs* Elle I am sorry.  We care about you wedding.  *nods*

Married! May 27th, 2012

edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks Ray.

I really do feel closer to you guys than a lot of my IRL friends.  I wish we all lived close to each other.
  • polkadot111polkadot111 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Elle, I'll hang your STD on my fridge to make you feel extra special and important. And because I think you're awesome. And because your STD rocked.
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this right now Elle :(

I vote you only invite us NEY girls to your wedding. That is one definite way to have a perfect wedding surrounded by people who love you & are excited to see you get married!!!!!

edited December 2011
    Haha thanks Hope!
  • becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awww, that does suck Elle.  Hugs!  Do something for you and your FI and have fun, whatever that is for you two.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:b447a898-1345-46a3-9442-d1ae0e25aa4d">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry you're dealing with this right now Elle :(<strong> I vote you only invite us NEY girls to your wedding. That is one definite way to have a perfect wedding surrounded by people who love you & are excited to see you get married!!!!!</strong>
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Gah.  I wish.  That would be awesome, wouldn't it?
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:de01a5e9-4d16-4958-8267-6dff137d1e30">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Our STDs came in! : Gah.  I wish.  That would be awesome, wouldn't it?
    It would be! That is why I am inviting a few NEY to my wedding.  They don't know it yet and I can't wait to spring the STD on them!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    I'd come to your wedding! MY IRL friends suck sometimes too and my family  (read mom and middle sister) super sucks most of the time. ***HUGS***
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support, guys.  If I didn't have this board, I probably would have given up on wedding planning a long time ago.

I totally want to have a huge NEY bridal party.  And my cousin and I decided while we were at WWoHP that this (clicky) should be my bridesmaid dress.  I think it's genius.  Too bad it's so expensive.
    edited December 2011
    Oh god that would be amazing!!!

Married! May 27th, 2012

• edited December 2011
    Perfect dress! The price isn't so bad since you can totally wear it again! ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_stds-came?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:6037a470-1378-420c-9607-a376b70a0620Post:bc91dd76-7b20-4641-9eef-fa30d01a0da7">Re: Our STDs came in!</a>:
    [QUOTE]UM YES to the Hermione gown.  Also I love you.  Also, I might come see you after finals.  Also, ... I may have really looked up cruises.
    Posted by sunbird627[/QUOTE]

There's nothing in this post that I don't like.
  • edited December 2011

I'm sorry that your friends super suck, I see that you have a ton of great friends here though and that makes me happy for you. 

Actually, the more I think about it, most of my freinds are pretty sucky too...Booo!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards