Connecticut

cupcakes!

where are you getting yours from??  and what are they costing?

Re: cupcakes!

• rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH owns a side business for cake baking, so she's baking mine. I'm not sure what she's charging, but I've heard anything from 2-4 per cupcake...
  • JodiArielJodiAriel member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Sam's Club.  $13.83 for 30 cupcakes and they taste AWESOME! and they looked great too.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • edited December 2011
    Jodi- I love your cupcake presentation!  That's awesome!
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having friends drive them up from DC (where we used to live, and where we met).  We're having Georgetown Cupcakes - I've been going there since literally they day they first opened, long before they were famous, and FI and I used to go there a lot when we first started dating. 

Their full cupcakes cost $29 for a dozen, so $2.42 each (plus tax).  Shipping is very expensive, but we can justify it by having a friend drive them up.  We're actually going to do mini-cupcakes, so you get 2 dozen for $29.  Those are going to be our favors.

Anniversary

• AVBartoAVBarto member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My co-worker literally just brought back cupcakes from Lox Stock & Bagel.  Not sure if you are familiar, but they have a few near and north of Hartford.  I think she got 5 for $5 or $6.  So about $1 a piece.  I know they JUSt started doing it this week.  Maybe call them and get a deal?  They had banana cream with PB, Hostess Choc cupcakeish one, carrot cake baked with fresh pineapple and cream ch frosting, and two others i can't remember.
    www.petanolucci.com
  • edited December 2011
    Cakes unlimited and I think it's costing us approximately 250 for 100 cupcakes a top cake to cut and set up and delivery. That is also for 3 different kinds. They are soo yummy! I want one now!! :)
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Mr. D's cupcakes in Wallingford for me! They're awesome and very reasonable!!
  • edited December 2011
    A Little Something Bakery in West Hartford! They were AMAZING! Everyone still asks where they came from! I believe they came out to $1.50/cupcake

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • KitKat485KitKat485 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have to say that I'm a baker and cupcakes can be just as expensive as getting a tier cake. Cupcakes can go for $1 - $4. You really have to think about what exactly you want.  So look at a few pics and bring along images of the wedding theme or invitation to the bakery. Felicias Sweetface Pastry Shoppe is great and Kelly Sweet Rewards is good

• TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our caterer is doing them. I believe she is charging us $1-$2 per cupcake!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A girl I work with got cupcakes from Crumbs for a baby shower, and they were AMAZING. Another co-worker had cupcakes for her wedding (and brought them to another shower) .... but I can't remember the name. :-\
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards