Arizona-Phoenix

Other knottie boards...

Man, am I glad to be from the Western states! Some of those girls from the other side of the country, are, let's just say, lacking some message board etiquette themselves when it comes to imposing their beliefs about how weddings "must be" to avoid being tacky or rude. It stresses me out! From now on I'm sticking to the local and DIY board! :)

Re: Other knottie boards...

• edited December 2011
    Some of the national boards can be scary for sure.  LOL

I like the local, and the month club board for my month was really an awesome group of ladies.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Christa GChrista G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know what you mean. I've found my month board to be really nice though, and it's a lot more active than this one.
  • edited December 2011
    You're right, I have really enjoyed my month board, too... Forgot about that one! :)
  • jemmini6jemmini6 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I don't think the international boards are scary, you just have to lurk and get a feel for the nature of the board before you post.  Most people are just very direct and don't sugar coat things.  If you are planning to do something rude or something, they will let you know, even then, you take things with a grain of salt.  But if you don't like the way they operate, then there's definitely nothing wrong with not posting on them either.  Glad you've found some boards that you do like :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Jemmini, Does anyone really post on those boards intending to be rude? I know I didn't... I was asking for clarification and then felt attacked about something I didn't know... It's happened twice now on 2 different boards... I mistakenly thought I was "safe" since I stayed away from the etiquette and snarky bride boards. Oh well, you're right, at least I found a couple I enjoy and don't feel attacked. :)
  • edited December 2011
    This is the only board I have participated in so far and have found it to be very helpful and everyone to be very friendly.  I think I will avoid the other boards since several of you have had bad experiences with them.
    Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • CellesCelles member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to say, I'm impressed with your ability to insult everyone in the western half of the United States and all of the posters on Etiquette and Snarky Brides in one fell swoop -- all while crying about how rude other people can be.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_other-knottie-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:72811611-becf-407e-83fb-72e9719e3745Post:6795e9bf-0856-4a37-9884-3412e1b5a9da">Re: Other knottie boards...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have to say, I'm impressed with your ability to insult everyone in the western half of the United States and all of the posters on Etiquette and Snarky Brides in one fell swoop -- all while crying about how rude other people can be.
    Posted by Celles[/QUOTE]

Huh?
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhh... Now I think I understand the point you were trying to make, Celles... Please correct me if I'm wrong... I think that your impression of my post was to say that West coast brides are lacking wedding "etiquette"... That was def not my point. I was trying to say that West coast brides (from the posts I've seen at least) seem to be more laid back about things and gentler with sharing their opinions. As far as the Snarky Brides board (I think the name speaks for itself) and the etiquette board, it is well known that knotties on those boards have strong opinions on things and aren't afraid to make that known. I was already aware of that from reading their board myself, and as I mentioned was not counting on the attacks when I posted on other National boards. I clearly have seen that I was wrong and plan to simply stick with the boards listed above where I feel more comfortable.. I apologize if I offended you or did not explain myself clearly.
  • edited December 2011
    I have always been hesitant to post on the other boards as well. I definitely feel people are out right nasty and rude under the guise of being straightforward.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_other-knottie-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:72811611-becf-407e-83fb-72e9719e3745Post:b93dd328-9c4e-4eaa-b43b-6095a385d1f2">Re: Other knottie boards...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have always been hesitant to post on the other boards as well. I definitely feel people are out right nasty and rude under the guise of being straightforward.
    Posted by dasni[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think you can be honest and straightforward and not sugar coat things, all while being polite and respectful. It just doesn't always happen that way unfortunately.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards