Wedding Etiquette Forum

aniversary dance with a twist

I want to do the anniversary dance at my wedding, but I dont want to leave out gay people that cannot legally get married.  How should I alter to anniversary dance concept?  Invite all couples to the dance floor and eliminate them by how long they have been together??

Re: aniversary dance with a twist

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aniversary-dance-with-a-twist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:baa650ef-06d1-4a97-be0d-eb3080ee4bd7Post:a6e0908a-bbaf-469d-a7f0-12ec95bcb74f">aniversary dance with a twist</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to do the anniversary dance at my wedding, but I dont want to leave out gay people that cannot legally get married.  How should I alter to anniversary dance concept?  Invite all couples to the dance floor and eliminate them by how long they have been together??
    Posted by kellyannecline[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, inviting all couples up, regardless of status, would probably be good solution if you're certain you want an anniversary dance. It also includes couples that choose to not get married, which I like.
  • I like this change to be more inclusive!
  • Just announce that it's for everyone, married, dating or otherwise to start off on the floor. Good for you for being thoughtful :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_aniversary-dance-with-a-twist?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:baa650ef-06d1-4a97-be0d-eb3080ee4bd7Post:b1fee410-f892-4e3c-b289-e22cf56b463b">Re: aniversary dance with a twist</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just announce that it's for everyone, married, dating or otherwise to start off on the floor. Good for you for being thoughtful :)
    Posted by misssunshine17[/QUOTE]

This is what I would do.  I agree that if you don't want to make any distinctions between the "married" and "unmarried" it's best just to open the dance floor to everyone and let it go at that.
  • thanx for the reponses everyone!
  • Plus then you can include something cute about all the couples who met here tonight joining in at the start :)
  • Ditto PP's - how long they've been a couple, not how long they've had a ring on it.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I really don't like the anniversary dance at all.  It excludes and is potentially hurtful to the widowed and truly single, for whom weddings are often difficult enough.  I would not do it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards