Not Engaged Yet

Went ring browsing today

So, I mentioned before that BF does not want me to go with him to go ring shopping.  However, one of my best friends recently told me that she "knows some stuff" and if he were to take anyone shopping with him it'd probably be her.  Her and I started looking at some websites together and I gave her an idea of the things that I like.  Today, I went to a jeweler with a good friend to get her wedding set cleaned.  While there, I spoke with the jeweler and told him I'd like to try some rings on to get an idea of what looks good and what size stone fits my hand best.  The shop is a small, family owned place and I love it!! He was so nice and extremely helpful.  He let me try on as many rings as I wanted and answered all of my questions! I got a much better idea of what looked good.  It was funny that the 3 favorites I had were completely different from each other.  They were all in what I think might be the budget as well! I'm going to let my friend know all of my new-found information so that she can tell BF.  Well...this made me happy today so I thought I'd share.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Went ring browsing today

• edited December 2011
    That's exciting! Yeah, I really can't go ring shopping with BF anymore. Everything I look at he goes "that's ugly" or "too small." So I basically bookmarked the link on his computer and said "buy this."

ETA: Yes, what kind of rings did you like?
  • edited December 2011
    I rather my BF surprise me with a ring. It would be no fun knowing what I'm getting before hand.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_went-ring-browsing-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee6d4680-3be3-4205-97b0-f737057a561ePost:db28c9da-3ea2-4ce1-b1ea-ccf8d19c8b67">Re: Went ring browsing today</a>:
    [QUOTE]I rather my BF surprise me with a ring. It would be no fun knowing what I'm getting before hand.
    Posted by mzm153[/QUOTE]

But the OP was just happy that she could give her BF a hint of what she liked via her friend.  She wouldn't know what she was getting this way so she still gets to be surprised.  I rather make sure that the ring I wear is something I like or love, cause I'm going to be wearing it for the rest of my life. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_went-ring-browsing-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee6d4680-3be3-4205-97b0-f737057a561ePost:505aa60e-fc5c-49b7-ad8a-1f82d5242d2b">Re: Went ring browsing today</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Went ring browsing today : But the OP was just happy that she could give her BF a hint of what she liked via her friend.  She wouldn't know what she was getting this way so she still gets to be surprised.  I rather make sure that the ring I wear is something I like or love, cause I'm going to be wearing it for the rest of my life. 
    Posted by motoLyn[/QUOTE]
    I am usually flexible when it comes to rings. BF already knows that I like all sorts of gemstones with sapphire being my favorite.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh the rings I liked. Kind of hard to describe but I'll do my best. First of all, a .5 ct center stone looked AHHHMAZING on my little ol' finger. One style was the center stone with smaller stones along either side, but not quite an eternity band. It made the ring a 1.0 ct T.W. The other two I liked were sets. One was a knife edge ring  with engravings all around the wedding band. On the e-ring it had a few small diamonds on either side of the setting and then engravings the rest of the way. Much more vintage and it's what I'm usually drawn to.  The final one was not something I thought I'd like until I put it on. It was very light weight. I tried to find a picture but have failed. The band is only describable as alternating infinity symbols. () <--that, but turn it on it's side and do it all the way around. Haha...the setting was the same but with a place for the bling of course!! And the band was all diamonds and so sparkly!! All of them were 3k or below which is what I was hoping for. :D
  • edited December 2011
    They all sound pretty! And I too suggested to my FI what I wanted in a ring, as he wanted to know anyway. He asked me outright if I liked a certain cut, style, etc. It was nice having a little say in my e-ring.
    Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

• edited December 2011
    So apparently BF will be taking my friend J. I told her and she wants me to take her to show her the rings next week! I said "but we're not in a rush are we?" And her response was, "well, let me know your days off next week." I have no idea what's up her and BFs sleeves but something is going on. She even said I may not get much of a Christmas gift because he's saving up for "something." I'm not going to start anticipating it to happen every time we're together, but this was exciting news to me!!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_went-ring-browsing-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:ee6d4680-3be3-4205-97b0-f737057a561ePost:67a99390-9a17-4591-8aac-301c56e4ee6b">Re: Went ring browsing today</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, as someone who is designing her e-ring - I have LOVED the process and I will still be surprised/happy when he asks me.  I'm just too much of a control freak to have anyone randomly pick out something that I will be wearing for the rest of my life. (Ok not As random in the sense that you can tell him what general things you like, but....still random one some level).  And this way I can design it exactly to my specifications.  But, I do understand that ppl want the surprise.  <strong>I think the surprise, for me, will be how/when he asks me. </strong> Just a different perspective for ya.
    Posted by whereyat[/QUOTE]

this was me.  since we already had the ring (family ring), it wasn't a surprise at all.  but the proposal sure was!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards