Snarky Brides

I am feeling judgemental

Re: I am feeling judgemental

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:718cc132-a3fe-4658-ab2a-0ce3008f5653">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am feeling judgemental : I DID!!!!! And yes. We're fun when we drink beer.
    Posted by LDYGTR13[/QUOTE]
    Awesomeness!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:1a3f7e23-ca9f-4114-af69-02fb4ed8b2fa">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am feeling judgemental : The race takes place on Saturday Nov. 10th, start time is at 10pm, and the after-party in Epcot's World Showcase goes till 3am. It's free for all registrants for the race.
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]
    Hmm I'll be in my internship :( I love Disney too. My H has never been.
  • NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:e435c9cf-d81b-4f71-9101-b6a2d52c6c26">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]Poli. We get it. You think you're hot. and you like to change the subject to be about you.
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]
    Thats not even the first time shes "complained" about it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:27f37107-35be-432c-bdd1-55a483b1cb1b">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am feeling judgemental : Thats not even the first time shes "complained" about it.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    Oh really?
  • In Response to Re:I am feeling judgemental:[QUOTE]Poli. We get it. You think you're hot. and you like to change the subject to be about you. Posted by StephJ[/QUOTE]Seriously Steph, what the hell? This is an I Judge thread. People post the things that piss them off, which is what I did. And I changed the subject, as others did as well, because the Laura thing was getting repetitive and obnoxious. And I don't think I get catcalls because I'm hot. I did NOT say that I'm the only person this happens to. I work in an area with a lot of aggressive men, and it's a problem for a lot of women. I don't know what your issue is with me, but this is getting obnoxious. Just block me if you're sick of what I have to say so much. I'm about to start a session, but I'll be back in an hour.
  • it was just fantastic timing. I mean, seriously Poli, are you really that naive? You did it FFF too ffs. You're right. its a judge thread. so I judge Poli's narcissicism.
  • Poli, you are a sweetheart but you do seem a bit preoccupied by how you look, which is cool, but it doesn't mean people aren't going to notice and point it out. You are a cute girl but why the need to point it out ever so often?

Okay and how agressive are we talking here?
  • Steph if I was irritated at men cat-calling me would that make me a narcissist?

It's a fair question.  It's no secret that I'm vain as hell. 
    panther
  • The worst thing someone said to me was screaming "Have my babies!" when I was running on campus awhile back. It was more hilarious than anything. 

Whoever mentioned the plane thing, I am totally one of those people. I never thought about it that way before. I just get so anxious about being where I am supposed to be when I am supposed to be there. 
  • I judge the person that went through the stack of papers on my desk and stole the 2 stamps I had left out by mistake.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't mind catcalls. As long as someone isn't yelling things like, I want to rape you, or biitch, you hot!, than I don't see the big deal.
  • I can see why some people wouldn't mind them but they kinda make me uncomfortable.  I mean, I guess I just don't like to be walking along, minding my own damn business and have someone yell something to me like that.  People's attention gets drawn, it's embarrassing.  And yelling to people you've never met in public is rude, especially if the advances are not appreciated.

Haha, the worst thing anyone ever said to me was "Can my face be your bicycle seat?"  That's just gross.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:5066edb4-843d-4d42-9422-bb692864c4d7">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can see why some people wouldn't mind them but they kinda make me uncomfortable.  I mean, I guess I just don't like to be walking along, minding my own damn business and have someone yell something to me like that.  People's attention gets drawn, it's embarrassing.  And yelling to people you've never met in public is rude, especially if the advances are not appreciated. Haha, the worst thing anyone ever said to me was "Can my face be your bicycle seat?"  That's just gross.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]
    LOL!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:2493425c-c23e-4d0a-9cf9-dd7a7f955769">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph if I was irritated at men cat-calling me would that make me a narcissist? It's a fair question.  It's no secret that I'm vain as hell. 

That alone, no. Are you in general? probably :p. but I wouldn't call you on it because

1. You admit it
    2. 75% of your posts aren't centered around yourself and your looks.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:0e26045d-4ac2-4eb0-92a7-b7090a3fbc0e">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been catcalled. Apparently I'm not missing out?
    You prob have and didn't notice. If you ignore the person they usually stop. It isn't embarrassing to me because no one knows who the person is catcalling if it's in a public crowd.
  • When I was in the Dominican Republic in the early 90s, I got a lot of catcalls, but mostly because I think I was the only blonde in the town I was in.  Other than that, I get nuthin' (sniffle).

As for the "mad dash" to get onto the plane, the only complaint I have is that if I'm one of the last ones on, I can never have anywhere near my seat to put my carryon because some jackwagon has crammed their Deathstar into the overhead bin, taking up enough room for 18 bags.  So, I have to wander up and down the aisle looking for a millimeter of space to cram my bag into.  So, I guess that's a 1st World Problem?
  • I am soo late to the party here but now I am just chilling in the hotel room in Vegas so here I go-

I totally agree on the plane boarding thing- I am in no hurry to sit in a tiny  seat and hurry my back pain. If I was in first class though you can bet I would be boarding right away and procuring myself a drink.

I find catcalling funny. What makes a guy need to do that??? I was recently catcalled on my lawn area whilst my dog was taking a shiit. I assumed he was desperate for a catcall because I had just finished working out and was in my sweats and all gross.

Also, I do judge when people get in arguments and call each other "Honey" sarcastically. It just annoys the fuuck out of me. And no I am not trying to bring it around to newbs again I have just noticed this on other occasions.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:0e26045d-4ac2-4eb0-92a7-b7090a3fbc0e">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've never been catcalled. Apparently I'm not missing out?

Neither have I.  At least not in a semi-positive note.
  • BK- I don't understand that complaint. Your carry-on should be able to fit under the seat in front of you anyway. 

That's another I judge I guess. People who bring on too many damn carry-ons. (That's not directed just at you, BK!)
  • I will always be in the mad dash to get on the plane. I want an exit row, dammit. I need SPACE.
  • edited March 2012
    FTR, I'd much rather be cat-called than jacked off to ala ranchers.  That would be rather horrifying.

My parents got majorly shafted by airline workers a few months ago.  Their flight out of Fargo was canceled, so the booking agents told them they could catch a different flight out of Grand Forks (an hour away) and gave them vouchers for the seats.  This was at like, 7am.  My parents drove the hour to Forks and the booking agents there were like wtf?  Those vouchers are not good for anything and the flight is full.  My parents were like WHAT.  The Forks agents felt bad, so they searched for a couple hours for something and they finally found them a flight out of Fargo that would connect somewhere (like Denver or wherever) that would allow them to reach their destination.  So they drove back to Fargo, only to find that THAT flight had been canceled.  They did get out, the next morning.  But damn.

I know that's not really relevant to much but hey, it's an airport story.
    panther
  • I miss the days when checked bags were free on all airlines.  Since then, everyone is bringing way too much carry on.
  • Kate I have definitely been hit on while picking up my dog's shiit.  That was just... weird.  The guy was like "Excuse me but... are you single?"  He's lucky I'm not nuts and I didn't fling the poo at his face.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:8beb6b6c-2986-44dd-967f-2a0c4256b947">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]BK- I don't understand that complaint. Your carry-on should be able to fit under the seat in front of you anyway.  That's another I judge I guess. People who bring on too many damn carry-ons. (That's not directed just at you, BK!)
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

But what's wrong with having one reasonably sized carry-on that you don't want under your feet?  I hate when everyone on the plane has a huge rolling carry-on, but when I've brought a purse and a laptop I don't want to jam both under my feet, and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to be able to find space for a laptop case in the overhead bin.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:a027bf87-7d78-4748-89a1-92cb952930ad">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kate I have definitely been hit on while picking up my dog's shiit.  That was just... weird.  The guy was like "Excuse me but... are you single?"  He's lucky I'm not nuts and I didn't fling the poo at his face.

Perhaps they have poo fetishes. Dog poo fetishes.
  • Like this family from our last trip to the Dominican. This was a family of 3, that had 8 bags.  They also each checked 2 suitcases (they were on our return flight home. a week later.) WHAT DO YOU EVEN NEED FOR 7 DAYS?!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:8397d0e1-a761-4f04-b0fa-b1f95fc74d42">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I am feeling judgemental : I'm sorry, but I think this article is a crock of shiit. 
    Posted by dmiller9274[/QUOTE]

<div>Late, but I have to agree with this. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_i-am-feeling-judgemental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:41fe9ce8-d474-4deb-a8bc-116ee73f0796Post:35f75919-0b45-45fc-8bf1-f58d7155fe19">Re: I am feeling judgemental</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will always be in the mad dash to get on the plane. I want an exit row, dammit. I need SPACE.

<div>ohhh. I forgot. There are airlines that board first-come, first-choice, right? Yeah. that's an exception to my judgment. ;)</div>
  • Someone hollered at me yesterday while I was picking up my dog's poo.  Of all times that I don't need some rando's attention.  Goodness.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards