Canada-Ontario

Draping

Hi ladies,

Any ideas here would be great!  Our venue has 4 large windows and we are having the ceremony in that room at 6pm in October...so it will still be light out.  I really want a candlelit ceremony and therefore, I think I need to cover those darn windows!  Any suggestions?  I was thinking of hiring someone to do some draping at the windows to shut out the sunlight but I think it may be expensive.  It's only for like 45 minutes and then it will be dark when the room is turned over for the reception.

Thanks!

Sara

Re: Draping

• edited December 2011
    Have you spoken to your Venue? They might have a suggestion that can help you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, sadly they didn't.  They said to hire someone!
  • edited December 2011
    Will the venue allow for you to hang things? If there is already a rod in place you can grab some curtains from ikea then have an usher take them down prior to the reception. If there is no rod but they will let you hang things, the rods at ikea are pretty cheap too.

Sorry that's all I've got!
  • edited December 2011
    My suggestion would be to cover it by creating a really nice backdrop in front of those windows. Perhaps you can even set up your head table in front of that and salvage the entire situation.

Let me know how it works out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards