Wedding Invitations & Paper

where to get invites?

Did you make or buy your invitations? If you bought them, where from?  A local place, magazine, online?  I'm looking for tips to decide how to go about making or purchasing mine.
Thanks!

Re: where to get invites?

• I bought mine from exclusivelyweddings.com
    I decided that making invitations myself was going to be more work and trouble than it was worth, and wouldn't save me all that much money in the end.

For $350 I got 175 invitations, including reception cards, reply cards, envelopes with return addresses printed, and accomodation cards.

If you sign up for their mailing list, they will periodically send you coupons for 15-25% off.
  • I didn't want to make them.  After a few months of searching online & getting samples in the mail, etc....we decided to go with a local printer that does them.  I liked the personal service, & they did a really good job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Etsy.  I had a very specific look that I wanted and couldn't afford anywhere else.  Etsy is a great way to have custom invitations hand made for a very affordable price.
  • I bought mine at Michaels and they were on clearance. My friend printed them for me and the RSVP cards. They were very reasonable. 12.99 for 50. They're cute too.
    Anniversary
  • I found mine on Esty. I purchased one sample invitation and then went to a local company and had them re-create it for me with some changes I had. It ended up being cheaper for me. 
  • I bought two Brides kits (total of 80 invites) from Marshalls for 9.99 a piece. I used Photoshop and made a snazzy template so they seem more "unique." They came out just fine!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm watching this thread for ideas. I thought I knew what I wanted. I was going to DIY my invites using floral stamps. But now I'm not into doing all that work for 100 invitations, so I'm exploring my options again. I'll definitely have to look on Etsy. Thanks everyone for the input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • THanks for the advice, I'll be getting on Etsy very soon :)
  • I went to Ollies Bargain Outlet, and got 3 boxes (each box came with 40 invitations, rsvp cards, and envelopes for both) for $5.99 a box.  And I am printing them on my own.  I also got 2 boxes of thank you cards (each box had 50 cards and 50 envelopes) for $2.99 a box.  So for about $25 I got all that.
  • I found mine on ebay.  I was concerned about the printing quality of DIY invites.  I found a seller that has a store in another state.  I was impresed with the customer service I received and the price was highly competitive.  The seller's name was barroninc2009.  My invites should be here within the next week, I can't wait to see them!  I got 100 pocket fold invites with RSVP and reception cards for $125 plus $10 shipping.
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
  • Invitations by Dawn does a terrific job, and the design selections are really vast. They also have eco-friendly options (recycled) which I really like.
  • I decided to make mine instead of buying. Finished my template in 5 hours just waiting to test print it on stock card that I need to go purchase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards