Iowa-Des Moines

Caterers

Ok I know I've posted about this before but we're finally to the point we're serious about getting a caterer booked. We are expecting approximately 175 people for our wedding. We're planning on having a buffett and possibly appetizers before the reception. We're thinking maybe a couple of meats and possibly a pasta dish. My fiance would prefer to have real china versus disposable. We've looked into Christiani's and they seem to be pretty good from what I can tell, but I'm looking for other options. Anyone have any suggestions? We'd like to stay less than $20 per plate. 

Thanks!

Re: Caterers

• We used Hy-Vee to do appetizers for us and then Hickory Park for the main meal.  Worked out great and food was nummy!  Hickory Park even packed it all up for us!

Appetizers: We did it for appx 125 and paid about $500
    Hy-Vee gave us mini-quiche, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, and pretzel bread with hot artichoke dip (this wasn't on their regular menu but we tried theirs at a bridal show and requested it - delish!) 

Main Entree: We ordered for appx 150 and paid about $1200 (but I know their prices have gone up since - I think this same meal is about $12pp which still isn't bad!)
    We ended up with Beef w/ au jus, carved turkey with cranberry, and ham with pineapple.  We picked 3 sides which were cinnamon apples, cheesy hashbrowns, and green bean casserole (my fav!!!)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We used Gateway Market and they were awesome. We had food stations (taco bar, panini bar and pork sliders with mac & cheese). Gateway will do it however you like, and I know they do pasta bars, too. Just my 2 cents. They will do china, but it costs extra, FYI.
  • I plan on using Hickory Park for our caterer. I have heard only great things about them from several different people. We are doing the meal with 3 different meat choices and 2 sides and their current pricing is at $7/plate! An amazing deal! If you go to their website they have a full caterering menu you can look at with pricing. It is buffet style only but they include staff to help fill the buffet, set up and clean-up, etc.
    They have a lot of choices. :) Good luck!
  • We had Famous Daves. It was amazing, You can also rent flatware from A to Z Rental as well.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Baratta's has a excellent selection for a great price.  Their buffet has exactly what you are looking for, check them out!  Lora (their cater) is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards