Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Barn / Garden wedding?!

Hey all! I am trying to find a unique venue for my spring 2011 wedding.  I would love to find an amazing barn or garden.  I think my biggest challenge is trying to stay away from plantations and lodges...  but that seems to be the only options in BR.  Any advice ladies?

Re: Barn / Garden wedding?!

• edited December 2011
    The Rural Life Musum on Essen does weddings. It's pretty rustic and there are a few areas you can have weddings at.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • klobue23klobue23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having my wedding at the rural life museum and i use to work there ... its an amazing place!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am currently looking for the same thing. I'm considering the Botanical Gardens in Independence Park. There are three gazebos, and a nice arch and walkway up to the main gazebo. I left a message today for the manager, but have yet to hear back. The number is 225-928-2270. Hopefullly you dont love it and still our date!
    He calls me his little one. :)

Photobucket
  • carriec674carriec674 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd love more information on the rural life museum /gardens.   
  • edited December 2011
    NO ONE ANSWERED THE QUESTION ABOUT THE BARN! Where can i find a barn for a wedding! BRIDEZILLLLAAAAAAAAA.
  • lostmyslipperlostmyslipper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Destrehan Plantation has a beautiful "Mule Barn" for weddings ... It is closer to New Orleans, but only about an hour from Baton Rouge.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone have any ideas about a barn or similar location around lafayette, la?
  • edited December 2011
    I would like to find out about a barn in Acadiana.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards