North Carolina

favorite girl's weekend spots?

hi ladies! my college girlfriends and i do a getaways every few months. we have some in raleigh/CH, and some in Charlotte. I'm looking for some spots that are 2-3 hours away (it can be a little bit more!) from both places!

we had fun in asheville last spring...went to morehead city, charlotte, raleigh, etc. we'd like to do a vineyward/winery in march!
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: favorite girl's weekend spots?

• bellamisto43bellamisto43 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually getting married at Raffaldini next October!  There are tons of great wineries in that area of NC (Yadkin Valley).  I would definitely recommend Laurel Gray, Raffaldini, Shelton, Flint Hill, and many more!  They're all about 2 hrs from Raleigh and Charlotte and the scenery is gorgeous!  

Depending on what type of accommodations you're interested in, there is a brand new Fairfield Inn that we're using for our guests in Elkin just miles from the wineries.  There is also a B&B owned by some friends of friends, The Vintage Inn, and I think they do shuttle tours of the wineries now (?)  Def check them out!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_favorite-girls-weekend-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:0b507f31-2049-4d25-8b4c-f6ed052b98eaPost:23fdefde-0034-4b9f-94d7-19c5a2466d8a">Re: favorite girl's weekend spots?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm actually getting married at Raffaldini next October!  There are tons of great wineries in that area of NC (Yadkin Valley).  I would definitely recommend Laurel Gray, Raffaldini, Shelton, Flint Hill, and many more!  They're all about 2 hrs from Raleigh and Charlotte and the scenery is gorgeous!   Depending on what type of accommodations you're interested in, there is a brand new Fairfield Inn that we're using for our guests in Elkin just miles from the wineries.  There is also a B&B owned by some friends of friends, The Vintage Inn, and I think they do shuttle tours of the wineries now (?)  Def check them out!!
    Posted by bellamisto43[/QUOTE]

you are getting married in a beautiful winery!! I wanted to get married there but it was bigger than our budget.  congrats!!!
  • edited December 2011
    There is a winery down here at Ocean Isle Beach! It's called Silver Coast Winery if you want to look it up.  There are hotels and of course beach houses for rent! Perfect weekend get away
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_favorite-girls-weekend-spots?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:0b507f31-2049-4d25-8b4c-f6ed052b98eaPost:b7bde1dd-1156-4b77-9073-6294ab4f42c2">Re: favorite girl's weekend spots?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is a winery down here at Ocean Isle Beach! It's called Silver Coast Winery if you want to look it up.  There are hotels and of course beach houses for rent! Perfect weekend get away
    Posted by sellis128[/QUOTE]

I had no idea there was a winery down there!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Duplin winery in Kenansville has tours & tastings.  Might be a good stop on the way to Ocean Isle. They have a different wine variety known as muscadine and it's very sweet.
  • edited December 2011
    Yep! We have all sorts of fun little things down here :)
    200 image 150 image 50 image RSVP Date: March 10th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

DH and I stayed at a B&B in the Yadkin Valley for our birthday weekend a few years ago (our bdays are one day apart), and went to 5 or 6 wineries in 2 days.  There are so many in the Yadkin Valley its crazy, and all so close to each other.  The B&B is called the Rockford Inn and it was great -- depending on how many girls you travel with, I think they have 3 or 4 rooms with queen size beds, so you could fit 6 or 8 if you took all the rooms!  Tehre are a ton of B&Bs in the Yadkin Valley though, and some offer tours that include a driver to take you around to different wineries!

• tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you're not set on a winery, I think Charleston is a blast.  It's been a girl's weekend destination for a group of my friends for a number of years.  We usually stay out at the beach, but it's also great to stay in town.  Lots of wonderful shopping and dining, plus some great history, if you want to take advantage of that.

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Atlanta's not terribly far from Charlotte, and always a fun place. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards